New Here

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

New Here

Postby Crossfire » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Just want to introduce myself. Love the Blues, Played punk back in the 80's. Got turned onto the blues about 10 years ago. Cant get enough of it. Its funny, Im discovering guitar players I wish I would have discovered when I was younger. Better late than never I guess. Been playing in a "blues/rock" band for the last 2 years.
I play a 63 Jaguar, 2 strats, a tele through a 78 Twin reverb. Excited to be here.
Crossfire
Regular

Re: New Here

Postby jeffl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Welcome to the pile Crossfire. I'm a harper from Southern Minnesota. I've still got my old Clash stuff. I was listening to some old Lou Reed last week. He ain't exactly punk, but I think he kinda got thrown in with the New York punk scene. I particularly like "Sex With Your Parents".
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Crossfire » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Ahhh man Love the Clash. I grew up in NJ. I followed that whole NY punk thing.
Crossfire
Regular

Postby Bournio » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:48 pm

Love punk... Playing punk does show up in my blues playing... I tend to hit it hard... and I don't care what length my songs are :P
Bournio
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:51 pm

Come to think of it, I've still got all my old Kinks stuff. Based on chord and tune structure, that stuff is punk, imo.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Crossfire » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Thanks!
Crossfire
Regular

Postby birddog » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Welcome aboard Crossfire

Jeff, choice of music is.. considering your upbringing, "interesting" :lol:
jeffl wrote:Welcome to the pile Crossfire. I'm a harper from Southern Minnesota. I've still got my old Clash stuff. I was listening to some old Lou Reed last week. He ain't exactly punk, but I think he kinda got thrown in with the New York punk scene. I particularly like "Sex With Your Parents".
birddog
Regular

Postby Jane fromLondonUK » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:28 pm

Welcome to the gang Crossfire. I grew up in London, at just the right age to make London Calling the anthem of my youth (along with Anarchy in the UK, and God Save the Queen). Ahh, those were the days ...[wanders off into nostalgic reverie]. I lived in New York city for 2 years when I was 18-20, with a wild haircut that (temporarily) got me fired from my job. They fired me for just the time it took for a TV crew to pass through where I was working, then re-hired me. Missed the NY punk scene, but I bet it was fun! :D
Jane fromLondonUK
Regular

Postby Crossfire » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Ah thank you for the greeting Jane. It was a great time. I remember seeing the UK Subs, Anti nowhere League, GBH, The Exploited, The DIckies, The Ramones and so many more bands in NY. The Ramones was my first Concert. I saw them in 1978. NY is SOOOOOO different now than it was then! Time Square is like Disney. Its sickening.
Crossfire
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:36 pm

I wanna be sedated. Rudy messed up Times Sqare
goldbrick
Regular

Return to A Bit About You