Things I would have done differently

[Locked - post in relevant instrument/gig/recording section]

RE: Things I would have done differently

Postby 601blues » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:18 pm

I did do some things diff,when my sons were growin up I encourged there love for music! Because My Grand parents raised me on a dairy farm the only thing they felt was important was the dairy everything else was nonsence!! It was long hrs and hard work! I got my first guitar at 7yrs old I worked puttin up hay to get the guitar at the flea market at Stock yard day, I played that guitar every chance I got untill my grandfather caught me playin in in the daytime and busted it and burned it in the fire place! the 2nd guitar I got I was in the 7th grade,and made payments every sat at Kay Jewelers for a 39.00 Kay electric guitar,I didn't dare even look at that guitar until the sun was down and my grand father was in his easy chair for the night,then I would sneek the guitar down to the Barn feed room and play till 11pm.I said that to say this,To this day and Iam 50+ I cannot go into my studio and fully get into my guitar till the sun goes down and I can't do anyting else on the farm! Isn't that strange???Oh by the way I don't know how that Kay really sounded cuz I never had or wanted an amp I didn't want my Grandaddy to be able to hear me!!
601blues
Regular

Postby spud camp » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:21 pm

Thats a great story 601.
spud camp
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mickeypainless » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:43 pm

WOW 601! If that ain't the makins of a blues tune I dunno what is!
I am a task master when it comes to work but I always encouraged my sons to play and supported em anyway I could in music!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:36 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-06 AT 09:39 PM (EST)]I do a song entitled TIME MACHINE, on my new CD which explaines this! as well as a few more issues!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:36 am

What a moving and real story. It is interesting that you are now a professional musician considering all the hardships and heartbreaks. Shows your true strength of spirit and makes me appreciate your engravings on your guitars. Very beautiful and inspiring.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:43 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-06 AT 10:57 PM (EST)]Well, thank you very much!! Thats what the blues is all about,all the things that has happened in your struggle at life!! LOVE 601
601blues
Regular

Postby skibumdog » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:04 am

Playing guitar keeps your head in a good place; you never stop learning until you decide to stop learning....People can change if they want to, I'm glad I did.

Still wish I had the Fender Jaguar with a humbucker on the neck pu that I bought in a pawnshop in '75 and had to sell when I was broker than broke, Now they're all "vintage guitars" and so expensive!
skibumdog
Regular

Postby chick french » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:31 pm

I would not have sold my 61 strat
I would not have traded my 67 Pontiac GTO for a motorcycle
I would not have stayed drugged and drunk for 25 years (make that 20 years)
I would not have had an affair with two girls living in the same house
I would not have hit a dude that ought-weighed me by 50 lbs.
I would not have said "I Do" two of the three times
I would not have left my first wife for a sex kitten
I would not have asked to use the rest room when I was at the Tallahatchie jail (they were going to let me go until they checked my pockets)

I'm sure theres more, but time dosen't permit.
chick french
Regular

Postby lorilu » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:08 pm

Whenever you post Chick, I know I need to read it. I thought of one big regret and that's giving my ex cheating old man back the '64 black Chevy Impala with red leather interior that he gave me for my 18th birthday. But now that I think about it, he was a mechanic at that time and he got that car from an old woman for real cheap because of a minor wiring problem so at least that wasn't on me. The lady's son did go after him but he was a big guy and used to fighting and getting over on people. But I loved him like many, many other poor women. I guess I don't know if I would have done things any differently cause I learned a lot of things and still am learning.
lorilu
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:38 am

>>>'64 black Chevy Impala with red leather interior

PLEASE don't tell me it was a "Rag Top"! I want a vintage (pre 65) Lincoln, Caddy or ever a Impala Rag Top so bad I can taste it! Always have!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:49 am

I had a '62 Buick Special ragtop for a while. White with red interior, and I put a red top on it.

Then there was the '54 Jaguar XK-120 drophead coupé (American style convertible) I got from a junkyard in Alabama. Got it running, but decided I was in over my head and sold it. So did the guy I sold it to, to a professional restorer in Chicago. Now it's one of those $1,000,000 show cars, I'll bet. I've never seen another drophead XK-120, only roadsters.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby lorilu » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:52 am

Not a ragtop. Hopefully, you'll feel better about it now. As I walked my herd of dogs tonight I thought about that beautiful car and when we split, he kept the apartment the friends, the parties and I kept the car for a little while. He had his old Riviera which we used to push a lot when he'd pick me up from school, due to a gas shortage in the tank. We'd put $1 or $2 in change in that tank and with the rest of the change get some peanut butter and bread and butter. He'd been on the street since 14 years old and in & out of jail since then. Including Delancey Street in San Francisco which is when I met him when he ran from there. When we split after a few years I did take that big old car on a road trip with my girlfriend Karen (so sad to say she passed not in a good way). We took off and went to San Francisco and partied all night with an old boyfriend who roadied at Winterland and just knew all what was happening. We slept in that old car overlooking the lights of San Francisco and then me and Karen went on to Santa Cruz the next day. I made the best of and left some good memories in that car. I wouldn't probably have done anything different but I wish I had kept in touch with Karen over the years. She was an incredibly beautiful soul and one of the best people I ever met. This is one girl who could NOT drink though she did it a lot. It was hard to be around her when she'd get all sh*tfaced. But I wish I would have kept in contact with her. You know the words in that Don McClean song, Vincent - This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.
lorilu
Regular

Postby jumpnblues » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:01 pm

I traded my 2 year old, 1964 Fender Twin Reverb for a solid state Vox Royal Guardsman (POS) because I wanted to "be like the Beatles". :shock: To top it off, they never used solid state Voxes.
OK, all together now...you IDIOT!! :roll:

Tom
jumpnblues
Regular

Postby nizer » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:37 pm

That is a truly tragic tale Tom. And why would Vox name a signature amp after the band that recorded "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron"?. :(
nizer
Regular

Previous

Return to Wish I'd Known This!!