The big lesson in a years worth of lessons

[Locked - post in relevant instrument/gig/recording section]

RE: The big lesson in a years worth of lesson

Postby 601blues » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:01 pm

Yes , we are all human, And I don't want to sound as if Iam a hermit cuz I do enjoy being with people, But when Iam asked about 601,and why I like to play by myself, its for those reasons not to have a neg.influence, Now when I do accept a gig out which I will be going to Barbados in June, I simply Hire a bassman Most of the time Harold Corwart he was with the Bee Gees and Andy Gibb,and Barbara Strisand,anyway I hire Him and a drummer, to do the gig and play the way I want it played when Iam finished I don't need them till the next gig,they are happy simply to play what I want and no strings.I find it much easier than having to fight with several people for what I want to do,That may sound crazy,but they don't pay my bills and if somphin goes wrong there gone, I had a band several years ago did some recording and was sending it out to da sound lab,then production,total cost was about 8000.00 bucks I asked the guys if thats what they wanted to do and they agreed, but before I sent it out I asked all of them to put up 2000.00 each.Oh no now they didn't want to do it,They wanted me to put up da bucks and if it did all right to share the monies with them after I recovered my 8000.00.Now what happens if its a flop Iam out 8000.00 there out nuttin,So I disbanded the band and did the cd on my own If Iam gonna lose it will be me only. So it just makes things much easier,to hire out and pay with no strings attached.Most of the time you can get side tracked by people that call you friend,because you tend to listen to them, But you find not just in music but in all things you are involved with,the more successful you become the more resistance you will encounter from neg.people you let around you.
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:25 am

it's what's right it benefits everyone in the long run. I have never only looked out just for my own. I don't think that's what we're here for. My friends are from all walks ...........But we are directed not to cast pearls to the swine!!there is a lot of truth to that.
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:26 am

And to dust off our feet and keep on walking. Thank you again and always.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:06 pm

your a very wise woman lori!! Thank you,Thank you very much,!! curlin muh lip, shakin muh hips.
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:31 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-06 AT 10:57 AM (EST)]As far as your song writin goes,Forgive me if I seem like you don't know all this however this is my experience, first I will get hit with a song ideal outta da blue most of the time in muh truck as iam drivin and cain't write, I keep a small micro cassette in my truck and can turn it on and record my ideals and lyrics, Or ofcourse if Iam where I can write will go ahead and write em down, Howevere I don't think about music just the lyrics, Now at this point if someone would read this it would sound stupid or bad because they don't understand what you are hearing,some of the best songs have the simplest lyrics, I have a mass of books on blues songs,I laugh sometimes at the stupid lyrics,and wonder how da heck this song made it,as I read thu them, but when you put music to em they come alive with emotion and passion,Then you undestand that feelin the artist had when he wrote it, so the lyrics and the music go hand in hand,But I take my ideal and start to develope the music to match my emotion for the lyrics,then as i do this I may add lyrics or take away lyrics,I call this evolving,I have some songs that keep evolving everytime I play em so to me they are not finished till that process stops, So what Iam saying is that ideal writtin down is not a song yet it is simply an ideal or base you have got to follow it thru and untill then don't ask for other opions,keep it to yourself, Go to Books a million and open up a couple of Blues song books and read da lyrics, and after you stop laughing, Finish your songs.
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:26 pm

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/601blues/image10.jpg
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:08 am

Thanks, 601. I was thinkin the same about you being wise. Especially now that I know where shtty ideas come from. Thanks for the tips on songwriting. I have not taken any songs all the way through the process. I find myself writing sometimes one after another. Then I might be messing around and find a melody that I like. But have not put the two together. I think I will stop sharing my ideas until they are done. At least the songs. They are so personal. I don't want to die saying I wish I would have done that. Here's my quote for the day that I have hanging up in front of this computer:

"A dream is in the mind of the believer,
and in the hands of the doer.
You are not given a dream
without being given the power
to make it come true."

Thanks again for being encouraging and being an inspiring and free spirit who's still wild and crazy and really good hearted.
lorilu
Regular

Postby mike932 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:36 am

Audacity, above all else audacity. (This quote works for me)
mike932
Regular

Postby lorilu » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:53 pm

Right on, Mike.
lorilu
Regular

Previous

Return to Wish I'd Known This!!