San Francisco Blues jam you can join!

What about the blues club(s) in your area? Any worth visiting? Blues festivals or events?

San Francisco Blues jam you can join!

Postby Domino » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:56 am

Hi:
I'm a local blues man here in San Francisco. During the day I'm a maintenance man at a hotel here in town. I also host a weekly blues jam here in the city and some of the guys who are regulars in the jam are quite note worthy.
Funky Rob Gordon: John Lee Hooker, Dick Dale, Mick Fleetwood, Gregg Allman, Jonny Otis, Charlie Musselwhite, Pine top Perkins and Elvin Bishop.
Ponie Abrams: Jonny Otis, Ike and Tina Turner, Ike Turner Review and 10 years with B. B. King.
Bobby "Spider" Webb: T-Bone Walker, B. B. King.
Myself, Jonny Domino: John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Norton Buffalo.
I've talked a hotel into partnering with the club I play at to offer a special "Blues Package" for people who want to visit San Francisco. You get a room, A great Blues show, dinner, two drinks, free transportation to and from the hotel and, if you want, you get to get up and jam with all these Great blues artists. We also have Alvin Draper, Freddie Roulette, Pat Wilder...you never know who may show up and you'll play with. We have a lot of great blues artists here in San Francisco and I'm trying to keep the blues alive and well here. Please, if you're planing a vacation, would you please consider staying at the Carlton Hotel and booking a Velma's Blues Package? You'd be having a Great vacation in a world class city and playing with some world class blues musicians and helping to keep the blues alive. Just go to https://reservations.ihotelier.com/area ... d=1&taid=0 and click on the Velma's Blues Night Out. Thanks for your time. Long live the Blues.
Warmest Regards;

Jonny Domino...Blues Man
Domino
Regular

Re: San Francisco Blues jam you can join!

Postby ricochet » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:05 am

Very cool!
ricochet
Regular

Re: San Francisco Blues jam you can join!

Postby LesFromChicago » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:49 pm

Sounds very nice. Let me know when you expect Charlie Patton.
LesFromChicago
Regular

Return to HomeTown Blues