neck stick

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

neck stick

Postby mjohanes » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:06 pm

should the neck stick travel all the way to the wood block at the tail of the guitar(steel body) or not???
Thanks,
Myles
mjohanes
Regular

Re: neck stick

Postby Slim » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Does yours? If it does then it is supposed to. If it doesnt, then I would guess it isnt supposed to. LOL!
Slim
Regular

Postby kiwiblues » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Depends on whether the screw threads are stripped or not!! :lol: :roll: :twisted:
mjohanes wrote:should the neck stick travel all the way to the wood block at the tail of the guitar(steel body) or not???
Thanks,
Myles
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby mjohanes » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:51 pm

Thank you very much kids for being so helpful, here, have a lolipop :lol:
mjohanes
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Typically the neck stick runs the full length of the guitar.

...it'd probably enjoy a larger track. :mrgreen:
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby Zheek » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:26 pm

on my resolian there also was a gap between neck stick and the tail block(poor piece of wood),and i ask the same question like you, and just like Ricochet told me: "I can't think of a good reason why the neck stick shouldn't touch the tail block. I've got mine shimmed tightly on my Johnson." you can make a new one tail block that fits tightly, shimmed between body and the neck stick, just like i did, of course if you want. I hope these helps :wink:
P.S. for guys who don't want to help with some advice or good tip, or just share experiences with others, there is a many other forums where you can fucking around. :mrgreen: :twisted: :arrow:
Zheek
No F'ing Around!

Postby rustyslide » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Zheek wrote:there is a many other forums where you can fucking around. :mrgreen: :twisted: :arrow:

Other? :wha:

In honour of your post, I've given you a special rank.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby Rick-e » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:58 pm

The last time I took my Reso Relic tricone apart, I found out the neck stick was shimmed at the tailpiece with a little piece of scrap plywood. It's kind of a non issue, methinks.
Rick-e
Regular

Postby kiwiblues » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Nice language Kheeky.
Spoken like a true believer educated in the swamp! :twisted:
Zheek wrote:on my resolian there also was a gap between neck stick and the tail block(poor piece of wood),and i ask the same question like you, and just like Ricochet told me: "I can't think of a good reason why the neck stick shouldn't touch the tail block. I've got mine shimmed tightly on my Johnson." you can make a new one tail block that fits tightly, shimmed between body and the neck stick, just like i did, of course if you want. I hope these helps :wink:
P.S. for guys who don't want to help with some advice or good tip, or just share experiences with others, there is a many other forums where you can fucking around. :mrgreen: :twisted: :arrow:
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby Zheek » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:53 pm

well hell, i'll be damned, thanks boy :wink:
Zheek
No F'ing Around!

Postby oldbluesdude » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:19 am

Hi, Nationals of old always had the neck-stick shimed tight,shims put together
to form a flatness, an un shimed stick means less overtones!

OBD,

http://www.myspace.com/kevinkennyacousticbluesduo
oldbluesdude
Regular

Postby Slim » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:32 pm

I guess I was being a smartass but it just seems like alot of folks worry about stuff that really seriously aint having one bit of effect on their guitars playability. I am naturally a smartass but usually a goodnatured one. I guess I just aint to the level of expertise that any of these minor things is effecting the sounds coming out of my guitar near as much as my talent or lack of. Maybe some are to the point of being such a virtouoso that these things are a factor. I just think worrying about all this is not near as important as just playing the damn thing. Plus I look at it like this...I got a 600 buck Chinese guitar. Had I payed 3000 for a National maybe I would worry about this stuff...
Slim
Regular

Postby oldbluesdude » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:55 pm

:D I suppose too,if people paid you to repare thier vintage National
you'd probably be a little worried about it!

:wink:
OBD
oldbluesdude
Regular

Postby kiro » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:06 am

Slim wrote:I guess I was being a smartass but it just seems like alot of folks worry about stuff that really seriously aint having one bit of effect on their guitars playability. I am naturally a smartass but usually a goodnatured one. I guess I just aint to the level of expertise that any of these minor things is effecting the sounds coming out of my guitar near as much as my talent or lack of. Maybe some are to the point of being such a virtouoso that these things are a factor. I just think worrying about all this is not near as important as just playing the damn thing. Plus I look at it like this...I got a 600 buck Chinese guitar. Had I payed 3000 for a National maybe I would worry about this stuff...
but did you ever think that for some people 600$ can be they whole month salary? so for them it's like they have 3000$ National...
Cheers
kiro
Regular

Postby Slim » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:53 am

I think if 600 bucks is someones monthly salary they wont be buying guitars with it. Also I don't much think or care one way or the other about what you are trying to insinuate. Noticed you trying to goad people into some type of political debate earlier. I thought this was a music board.
Slim
Regular

Next

Return to Guitar