1993 Continental Tricone

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

1993 Continental Tricone

Postby 1tarpontoo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:25 am

I just purchased a 1993 Continental Tricone. CAn anyone tell me how this guitar sounds compared to a National (I have never played, heard a live National Tricone being played). I am brand new "newbie" at this - I saw this at a small music store (band instruments, mostly) and purchased it on an impulse. I have played guitar for 20 years and needed to get out my rut (rock and roll from late 60's, the Chicago R & R era, Cryan' Shames, The Seeds, Shadows of Night, etc). Can anyone tell me about Continental Tricones from this time period? It seems like it is well made. I put heavier strings on it (.016 top end) and that seems to give it a bit more fullness.
1tarpontoo
Regular

Re: 1993 Continental Tricone

Postby grumpygroo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:29 pm

grumpygroo
Regular

Re: 1993 Continental Tricone

Postby JakeyVimto » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Nice work sir, a guitar like should maybe give you a chance to get out of your rut and play some new things.

If you are ever looking for artists or resources to see what can be done with a reso, this place isn't a bad starting point.

Enjoy,

j
JakeyVimto
Regular

Return to Guitar