Hey

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hey

Postby pelacho » Fri May 09, 2008 12:39 am

Hey folks.

Great place you got here. I'm a 33 year old male from Ireland. I've played guitar since i was about ten. I was mostly into metal growing up. My da sent me to classical lessons from the start, i liked it at first, but as it grew into school i ended up hating it. did most my grades though, and now i'm damn happy i got that schooling,(yes da, i know, you were right :wink: )
as i mellowed i found the blues(couldn't keep up with the metal guitarists anyway). so up until about 25 i mostly just jammed blues with a few mates. then through this and that, i stopped playing up until about two years ago. now i'm back to playing a lot each day :D
i like to think i have my own style. mostly influenced by my da and blues. my main strength would be my picking hand. thanks to the classical training, i've good independace in all my picking fingers. i like to use my picking hand to slap and create a beat that plays against my picking(if that makes any sense)
i play a yahmaha and tacoma acustic, and i've recently dusted off my 78 strat, which in learning again brought me to this place.
anyway i'd like to bend your ears on a few things as i go.
all the best

pelacho
pelacho
Regular

Re: Hey

Postby ricochet » Fri May 09, 2008 3:52 am

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Little Tina » Fri May 09, 2008 5:28 am

Welcome Pelacho!
Little Tina
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri May 09, 2008 11:15 am

Welcome aboard, you know by now the new boy gets the drinks in? D'yez have any of that potcheen about, by any chance?

And how do you fancy coming across to Swanage in October for the festival? Jakey got down from Glasgow on Lying Air for less than I spent on diesel from Birmingham. :blink:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby pelacho » Fri May 09, 2008 2:06 pm

hey

thanks for the welcome on the mat. there's a bottle of poiteen for everyone in the audience.

in fact lets all head out to the stilry, and stay out there all day :blink:

man in october i'll either be in the jungle or canada, decisions decisions. thanks anyway :wink:
pelacho
Regular

Postby Bluesdiva » Sat May 10, 2008 3:25 pm

Welcome to the board :) Jungle or Canada? That is a hard one. Show us picks when you get back :)

Keep Smilin
Jenn

http://www.steelstringblues.com
Bluesdiva
Regular

Return to A Bit About You