Hello-i'm a new venue in Chicago with great blues acts!

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hello-i'm a new venue in Chicago with great blues acts!

Postby Reggies Chicago » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:16 am

My name is Elle. I'm the talent buyer for a great new venue in Chicago called Reggie's. I've booked mostly punk/rock/garage/indie type stuff for the past 8 years. Now that i'm in this beautiful new venue i'm expanding my booking to include some incredible Blues acts. I want to reach out to the Blues community to let you know that we are here! I have some great acts coming up like Jody Williams on May 2nd which is my first big blues act here. (there are still come tickets left if you would like to come!) Other acts I have coming are Reverand Raven & The Chainsmoking Alter Boys; Eddie C. Campbell; Junior Watson of Canned Heat; Elmore James J.; Taildragger; Little Arthur and more. We're located in the South Loop one block east of the Chinatown Red Line. We have a really comfortable atmosphere, intimate shows, great sound and for all you record nerds out there...we even have a huge independant record store upstairs!!
I also book a lot of the more Blues/Rock shows and Rythm & Blues type stuff. If you're local or plan on coming this way feel free to get in touch and maybe we can set something up. If you want to look at our calender you can check out our website at reggieslive.com or you can contact me here personally.
Thanks,
Lets Keep the Blues Alive in Chicago.
Elle Diabla
Talent Buyer- Reggies Music Joint
2105 S. State St.
Chicago
Reggies Chicago
Regular

Re: Hello-i'm a new venue in Chicago with great blues acts!

Postby ricochet » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:44 pm

Welcome! Hope things go well for your venture!
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Best wishes, Elle! I'm glad to see that you're testing the blues market. Rev. Raven puts on a great show in the classic Chicago tradition (although I think he's a Milwaukee guy now).
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dcblues » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:08 pm

"Elle Diabla"? Is your partner "Lou Cypher"? :)
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Reggies Chicago » Fri May 02, 2008 9:28 am

I'm embarassed to say it took me a full day to get that "Lou Cypher" joke...
Reggies Chicago
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri May 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Say, Tan...
ricochet
Regular

Postby dcblues » Fri May 02, 2008 1:41 pm

Reggies Chicago wrote:I'm embarassed to say it took me a full day to get that "Lou Cypher" joke...

You need to see the movie Angel Heart. Great movie, and Brownie McGhee acts and performs in it. And for they guys here, Lisa Bonet's in it, doing things she never did on The Cosby Show. :wink:
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You