View New Posts

Ideas, likes, dislikes, recommendations, and opinions regarding the Big Road Blues web site and forums.

View New Posts

Postby badfinger » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:07 am

Approximately two thirds of the forums on the board are of little or no interest to me (I am surely not alone in this) and my normal practice is to scan the list by forum title, rather than subject.

This would be made easier if the results from a "View New Posts" search were grouped with regard to the different forums, rather than listed by date.

If this be not practical, then an alternative arrangement which heads the posts with the forum title, rather than the subject would make it easier to scan the page, such as:

Playing Blues Piano
Blues in the bathtub, by Freddy5 on 21 Dec 2007 02:53

instead of,

Blues in the bathtub
by Freddy5, on 21 Dec 2007 02:53 in Playing Blues Piano
badfinger
Regular

Re: View New Posts

Postby zhyla » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:15 pm

I understand what you're saying. Next time I'm crawling thru the phpbb software I'll take a look at how that works but honestly I'm not that interested in customizing the forum software any more than need be. It makes upgrades a real pain.
zhyla
Site Admin

Postby badfinger » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:48 am

Hi.

"It makes upgrades a real pain."

I fully understand and sympathise with that.
badfinger
Regular

Postby david » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:20 pm

Badfinger, good to see you around!

I guess I'm getting old and cranky. I always find any change to the forum format to be a pain in the rearend. Of course, once I get used to it, I don't want the "version" changed. My approach is always that if the current technology and software does what I want and I know how to use it, why change? Not everything new is an improvement.

Of course, I'm one of about .05 percent of the population that feels that way...
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Still using that Epson CPM box, David?
ricochet
Regular

Postby david » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:11 pm

ricochet wrote:Still using that Epson CPM box, David?

Er, I've been thinking of upgrading to one of those. My modified beads-on-a-string set up is getting a bit worn.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Suggestion Box and Opinions