Hello, peoples

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hello, peoples

Postby lord sasquatch » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:24 am

Good evening and/or morning, or possibly even afternoon. Name's Joe, and I'm a 21-year-old musician/guitarist person living in the Cleveland area (Lakewood, to be exact) of Ohio. I'm originally from West Virginia, and I just moved up here on my own about seven months ago.

I've been guitarring for around seven years now; my two main work horses are a Fender FR48 Steel Body resonator and a Washburn HB-35 electric. I started off playing traditional gospel in my grandfather's Baptist quartet, moved to rock'n'roll bands, and now I've finally decided to play what I want to play and thus settled on playing solo, mostly delta/country blues and originals and such. I love all the old artists...Charlie Patton, Son House, Robert/Tommy/Blind Willie Johnson, Gitfiddle Jim (Kokomo Arnold), Rev. Gary Davis, Wolf, Muddy, the list goes on. I often get strange looks when I drive around town with my windows down listening to "Revenue Man Blues" or what have you, ha.

I've been hanging around the site for well over a year now (I actually posted once a while back, but due to the move my internet was out of commission for a while), and I'm hoping to stay so long as nothing major happens and/or I don't outstay my welcome. =D

And that's about all, I s'pose. Hope to see everyone around.
lord sasquatch
Regular

RE: Hello, peoples

Postby 1four5 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:10 am

see, I knew bigfoot was real :)
Welcome to the Road!
1four5
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:03 am

Welcome to da Road!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby spud camp » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:19 pm

Welcome Sasquatch, glad you could make it.
spud camp
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:47 pm

Welcome, Joe!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby lorilu » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:08 pm

Hey Joe!

How cool! I'm looking forward to hearing your posts. Sounds like you know what you like and what you want. Have fun here. I'm sure you have a lot to offer as well as getting inspired by the people here as I do. It really has taken me forward in my music.
lorilu
Regular

Return to A Bit About You