National Wood-Bodied Triolian Plans/Blueprints

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

National Wood-Bodied Triolian Plans/Blueprints

Postby Robin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:30 am

Hi,

I'm tring to find a copy of the plans/drawings/blueprints for a 1928/29 National Triolian (wood-bodied). There are (or have been) plans for a wood-bodied Triolian type guitar available from Stumac in the past and Resophonic Outfitters has plans for a metal-bodied Triolian type - but I'm looking for drawings that have been produced from the original guitars.

Any info or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

Robin
Robin
Regular

Postby bluesmcgoo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:53 pm

Hello Robin and welcome to the Big Road!

I believe you're right. Stewmac offered a wood bodied biscuit bridge reso a while back. They always supply working drawings with their kits. Even though the kit is not available at this time, maybe they would be willing to get you fixed up with a set of the plans.

Now, whether its even close to the old National Triolians, I have no idea. Even if it's not, it might shed some light on some of the construction used. Vleb on the IGS forum built one of the Stewmac kits (with a NatRes cone) and it sounds exceptional. Maybe he could copy a set of the plans for you?

I KNOW that the guys at National Resophonic made an exhaustive analysis of quite a few of Bob Brozman's old Nationals, so they've GOT to have some plans based on them around somewhere. I wouldn't think they'd be willing to send you any info on them, but who knows? I'd give them a call and ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

But if anybody knows where you can get your hands on a set of plans, it would be Don at National Resophonic. Marc Schoenberger would be another good one to contact.

http://www.nationalguitarrepair.com/

Good luck!
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:24 pm

If you go on ebay and search National Guitar, there are things for sale that are called National Guitar Artwork or something along those lines. They are a few bucks and are blueprints for certain models.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby slideshowbob2 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:45 pm

http://www.beardguitars.com/Merchant2/m ... ry_Code=BB try this. It's for a spider bridge edit : OOPPSS ! just re-read your post ... This is not what your looking for.
slideshowbob2
Regular

Postby Robin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:39 am

Thanks for all your replies,

This is proving to be a difficult search. I have had responses in other forums from a couple of National wood-bodied Triolian owners who have been thinking about having scale drawings produced by a draftsman from their instuments but no one has replied who has actually been through this process.

Stumac no longer have the plans for a wood-bodied biscuit bridge guitar and the National art work in for other models. I have emailed Marc Shoenburger to see if he has any plans for sale.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks again

Robin
Robin
Regular

Postby bluesmcgoo » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:37 pm

Robin -

I was looking through the free stuff section of the Stew-Mac website and came across this pdf of their instruction book for building their wood bodied reso.

http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/I-5290.html

It's not a set of blueprints, but maybe it will be useful to you.

Good luck!
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Robin » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:19 pm

Thanks,

I'm slowy pulling together the info I need - However, those plans are turning out to be elusive :(

Robin
Robin
Regular

Postby Hooked on Resophonics » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Try the MIMF forum...they have a lot of plans, blueprints etc..., you may need to register to access them, and some I have downloaded haven't been the best graphic quality, but its worth a shot.
Hooked on Resophonics
Regular

Return to Guitar