Hello from Q8

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hello from Q8

Postby nelliep » Mon May 01, 2006 2:07 pm

I joined just the other day but this is my first post.

I am a harp player who works out in Kuwait for most of the year but spends a lot of the summer in Halesowen near Birmingham UK. This summer I am thinking of going to a blues jam that is regularly held in Sutton Coldfield in Birmingam, I don't know if anyone knows of it?

This seems to be a very friendly forum and I have enjoyed reading the posts, particularly in the harp section.
nelliep
Regular

RE: Hello from Q8

Postby ricochet » Mon May 01, 2006 3:43 pm

Welcome!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby diamond » Mon May 01, 2006 4:04 pm

Hello Q8....I'm a born & bred Halesowenian & i'm just over the Romsley Hills in Bromsgrove....small world or wot :D.

The blues club you're talking about has got to be The Sutton Blues Collective - i go there as much as possible (when time from slide-making allows me too!) and performed there as a solo acoustic slide-guitarist. I've also presented talks on the wonderful world of guitar slides at the club nights - it's a great place!

So...we'll have to meet up sometime!

Happy Slidin'

Big D.

http://www.diamondbottlenecks.com :)
diamond
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon May 01, 2006 4:07 pm

Welcome to the road,NellieP! I'm a harper from Minnesota. Stop on into the harp forum and visit.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nelliep » Tue May 02, 2006 6:08 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Diamond: I would be interested to hear more about the Blues collective but don't think this is the best thread to discuss it. Should I post in the hometown blues section?

Oh and I must say that I think slide guitar is one of the coolest sounds around (as well as harp,of course!).
nelliep
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue May 02, 2006 2:23 pm

And they do go together well.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You