Online Slide Guitar Festival

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Online Slide Guitar Festival

Postby RickB » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been learning little slide myself lately. I got a Rogue Biscuit resonator and I love the sound from that thing.

At any rate, I create a slide guitar online jamming area at HarmonicaBoogie.com . You can upload slide guitar tracks you make and other guitarists can play to them. It's a way of sharing music. The only restriction is that you cannot upload material copyrighted by other artists. So, you can upload chord sequences of songs you know, and people other slide players or harp players invent their own words and melody for them and play to them.

I haven't uploaded any slide yet, but I will.

Best regards,
Rick Beall
HarmonicaBoogie.com
RickB
Regular

Postby zhyla » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:49 pm

That site looks like fun, will have to try it out. Is the slide festival jam supposed to have slide guitar backing tracks with harmonica on top?

The site is confusing I must say but I'm sure it all makes sense.
zhyla
Site Admin

Postby RickB » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:08 am

Hi zhyla,

In the "Slide Guitar Festival" part of the site the harmonica is optional. Most of the other jams on the site require harmonica, or would have harmonica added.

Essentially, it is a harmonica site into which I added some guitar jam sessions. Maybe if you think of it from that perspective it won't be so confusing.
RickB
Regular

Return to Guitar