Bluesman comic books

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Bluesman comic books

Postby stumblin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:11 am

I just got hold of the first two instalments of Bluesman, the third should be out soon (if not out already in the US).
Now, I know some of you are a bit anti-comic, but this series really does merit some attention.
Anyhoo, check it out for yourselves.
stumblin
Regular

Postby Rob Vollmar » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:40 am

Hi all,

I'm Rob Vollmar, writer of BLUESMAN. I wanted to stop by and thank Mr. Stumblin' for directing folks over to the BLUESMAN project website. The third volume of BLUESMAN has, indeed, been released in the US and is the conclusion to the story.

Best regards, ROB
Rob Vollmar
Regular

Postby stumblin » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:16 am

Hey Rob, great job on the comics. Kudos & Respect. I've really enjoyed Bluesman.
I think vol.3 is out here in the UK in September.
stumblin
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:33 pm

I'm not anti-comic, and these look very cool.
A few months ago someone posted an online comic about Charlie Patton. I loved that one..
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rob Vollmar » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:25 pm

Stumblin',

Thanks again for the kind words, man. I'm a musician myself and tried to infuse the story with observations that only a musician might be privvy to. The structure of the story as a whole closely mirrors the 12 bar structure of traditional blues.

Most comic book stores in the UK should already have access to book three as many of them order from the same distributor that US retailers do. It is feasible that if the venue where you picked it up is being supplied by a book distributor rather than a comic distributor that the delay is coming from them.

If you have any trouble procuring a copy locally, please feel free to give me a holler at robvollmar (at) yahoo.com and I'll get you squared away.
Rob Vollmar
Regular

Return to Talking Blues