Splitting signal from harp Mic

[Locked - post in relevant instrument/gig/recording section]

Splitting signal from harp Mic

Postby hashtaff » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:06 am

Played a gig in small pub last night. Was too small for the 4x10 Sonny Jr but BrianP's Champ copy was a touch underdone.
Rather than mic the amp I used a trick passed on to me by "G" of New Zealand.
I used a Boss digital reverb which has a stereo output and ran one output into the amp and the other into the pa (instrument/mic in...NOT line in)
Using a Green Bullet the tone from both was great and had complete control of volume from the pa.
This works with reverb on or off ( though if I'm using a pedal I like a touch of reverb anyway)
Also splitting the signal fattens it up even more.
This much easier than mic'ing and really useful, particularly if you don't have a line out (which I didn't). Also practically feed-back proof).
Hope this helps someone else.
hashtaff
Contributor
Contributor

Postby huge blues » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:17 am

I've done a similar "trick" using a Behringer direct box. Patch the box between the amp and the speaker. I use an old Fender Princeton were the speaker plugs into a speaker-out jack. The box has a third jack that goes out to a PA or larger amp. This method takes the signal from the end of your rig.
huge blues
Regular

Postby resoharp » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:08 am

I just mic my amp with an SM57. That way I get all the tone from my killer 68 Vibrolux. I can adjust the volume for the masses in the PA and I have my amp to hear myself.
Jam On
resoharp
Regular

Return to Wish I'd Known This!!