marking as read

Ideas, likes, dislikes, recommendations, and opinions regarding the Big Road Blues web site and forums.

marking as read

Postby david » Sat May 20, 2006 9:21 pm

First the "mark all posts as read" option was missing, then it was there, and now it seems to be gone again.

How do I keep from hhaving to wade through all the posts that have accumulated over time rather than merely the ones since my last visit?

This new fangled technology stuff always stumps me...
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Sat May 20, 2006 9:30 pm

If you log in on the visit, there will be 3 links on the right side of the page,just over the top of the forum headings,regarding what you want to view. One of them (the top one of the three) is marked "view topics since last visit". If you don't log in,I don't believe that link appears.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby david » Sun May 21, 2006 5:35 pm

I had seen that, and used it. But for awhile there was also a link that said, "mark all items as read", or something like that.

Does this mean that when I log off I am automatically marking all posts as read? That would be handy.

I guess I'm just old school and nothing involving computers seems intuitive to me. I'm still more comfortable with a team of horses than with a computer.

Guess I'll have to get my kids to help me as I adjust to the new format!
david
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Suggestion Box and Opinions