Hi I was led here by the love of the blues

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hi I was led here by the love of the blues

Postby keiron » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:23 pm

Hi I'm Keiron, live in London UK, and I'm 16. People my age laugh at the fact I love the blues, but who cares! Before I heard the blues I was listening to Rock and Reggae (the old stuff), I know big mixture, but it helps me respect all music. The blues just grabbed me.
I play guitar, and in all the music I do I try to involve blues or do blues. I can't say I only do blues (although I wouldn't mind) but when you're trying to attract a bigger audience for a charity gig, you've gotta do other stuff.
Anyone like Buddy Guy??
keiron
Regular

RE: Hi I was led here by the love of the blue

Postby mickeypainless » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:15 pm

Welcome Keiron! Always nice to see a young person diggin the blues since sooner or later the old bluesmen head to the big juke joint in da sky and someone MUST keep it goin! Remind yer friends that a good many of great rockers from the UK are/were VERY blues influenced! Also keep in mind that a great man once said that when the blues had a baby, they called it rock and roll (or something like that)! Look fwd to hearin from ya!
Mick
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nizer » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:24 pm

Hi Keiron, welcome. I fell in love with the Blues when I was just a teenager too - but that was a long time ago! You're right at home.
nizer
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:29 pm

Welcome, Keiron.

You won't have to hunt too far around here to find someone who likes Buddy Guy. :)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby 1four5 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:59 pm

Hi Keiron!
Right on! There is hope for our future :) I'm a geezer, and fell in love with the blues...oh...about the time my 3rd wife left...

However, the seed was planted when I took wife #2 to a concert in the late 80's. Just happened to be Buddy Guy! I'll never forget it, he had just gotten a new remote transmitter for his guitar, and was going crazy with it...was going up and down the tables in the crowd playing his ass off...next thing we know he was standing in the open front door of the place playing to the people outside!
1four5
Regular

Postby keiron » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:24 pm

That sounds sick man! I one day hope to see Buddy Guy in concert, but it means travelling to America. (which won't be till like 2-3 years)
I just think Buddy Guy is a great performer, He has the energy of a young James Brown, and a voice like the Devil. Absolutely amazing Blues musician.
keiron
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:36 pm

Keiron! Nice one, plenty of us out here wishing you all the best. At least you're in The Smoke & there are a good number of regular venues accessible to you. Up here in B37, the only Blues they know about are BCFC, and that ain't my thing.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bruneau » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:57 am

Hi Keiron, welcome and let them laug.
bruneau
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You