Here I am.

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Here I am.

Postby seeker » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:45 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-04 AT 02:48 PM (EST)]Yep..................sure am here.

Now for some half truths and whole lies about my person:

Michigan is where I'm from. It's getting nice and frozen about now, so it's a good time to sit in and jam on the old guitfiddle. Maybe learn somethin' new. What with to hopefully scare people when the hibernation seasons over.

I guess I should tell ya how long I've been playing the guitbox, which'd be 11 years or thereabouts. Blues about 7 years o' that time. Just started playing slide a year ago.

I look foward to.....blahblah....and hopefully enhancing this community with.....blahblahblah...ect...

Well, that's all I'm telling you greedy bastards. The rest will be spoken in much more informal settings. Mostly in topics which I didn't start about things I have little interest in.

Welcome me!
seeker
Regular

RE: Here I am.

Postby bluesmcgoo » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:49 pm

Hey Jason!

Welcome to blahblahblah!

Enjoy!
Oh...and you got us figured out pretty quick. :)

McGoo
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:15 pm

Welcome, Seeker! You have now found it.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby boz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:48 pm

AHAAA !!!
ANOTHER OF THE MICHIGAN CONNECTION, LOOK OUT WORLD !!
-
Are you a yooper or a troll ?
I'm a Cigar Box Guitar play'n Troll.
"D'OH" !!!
boz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby david » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:34 pm

Sound like a smartass sense of humor. Ought to fit right in; good to have more folks to spend the winter with. Just cozy on up to the fire.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:21 pm

Seek and ye shall find.
ricochet
Regular

Postby seeker » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:59 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks. I didn't even know this place existed until 2 days ago. It's definitely my kind of place. I've always loved the blues, and the last 7 years of my playing has been pretty much all blues...and hey, what do you know, the last 7 years of my life .......ah, I won't bore ya.

Anyway, from what I read there seems to be a few here from the great frozen state of Michigan. I'm from the southern end of the "mitt" myself, in I guess what you'd call the thumbery region, which I guess, if pressed, would translate to be not all that far from Detroit...for those confused as to the whereabouts of the thumbery area. It's in the beautiful land of the Suburb Mountians. Very nice this time of year, lots of reflection. So BOZ, I guess I'd call myself "A guitfiddle weilding troll from the thumburbs".
Yes, definitely.

Thanks again folks. I look foward to joining in on some threads soon.
seeker
Regular

Postby boz » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:48 am

Hey Seeker,
I out on the suburbs of the once great "Carrage Town" Flint. (AKA) Buick City ( til they outsourced everything outcountry !)
Hey, are ya play'n much acoustic ?
boz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:27 am

O.K., Seeker- before you go any farther with the Boz, you better go click on http://www.cigarboxguitars.com., and google Cigar Box guitars. And you better go get an education on growing herbs, and shrooms, cuz he'll introduce you to some far-out sounds from far-out people, and faraway places. I prob'ly got a handful of Cigar Box CDs cuz o' that evangelist!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejay » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:59 pm

Hey der, Seeker, good to have another Michigander show up. I'm currently in exile in the Cheese State, having made the slow progression from southern Michigan, up the west side of the mitten and into da U.P., now coming down the other side through the Northwoods of Wisconsin.

Watch out for Bubba, too, 'cause he'll slap a nickname on ya so fast, as this fellow newcomer to BRB found out, ;-P !

Rhino (thanks for the moniker, Bubba).
bluejay
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:16 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-04 AT 10:17 AM (EST)]No charge, Rhino; If we all had a name like "Grady Musick" (one of our BRB stalwarts), we wouldn't need blues monikers. And, it is good to see the upper Midwesterners showin' up here.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:23 pm

>Watch out for Bubba, too, 'cause he'll slap a nickname on ya
>so fast, as this fellow newcomer to BRB found out, ;-P !

Whatchoo talkin' bout, BJ?
ricochet
Regular

Postby bluejay » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:35 pm

The "Rhino" appellation, which he derived from Rhinelander. What's funny (in the curious/odd sense) about it is that a couple weeks ago I found on the floor of one of my classrooms one of the Dunlop picks that has a rhino on it , first time I ever recall seeing one. I picked it up and really liked it when I used it practicing that night. Just picked up a few more when I found them yesterday in one of our music shops.

Rhino
bluejay
Regular

Postby bluejay » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:37 pm

Oh, and now I think I get the "BJ" reduction, too, lol.

And back to Seeker, what part of the Thumb. I've run into a couple folks from over that way, one who lived in Grindstone City way out on the tip for awhile.
bluejay
Regular

Postby seeker » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:40 pm

Wow. That's a VERY interesting site about Cigar Box guitars, and as luck would have it, I'm actually in the process of building my own Cigar Box guitar at the moment! What are the odds?! I already have a reinforced cigar box body (old King Edward) with a pickup, bridge and soundholes. It was formerly a Uke, but the uke neck was starting to get some issues (but then again, all ukes have SOME kind of "issues"..if'n ya can catch ma drift..)so I opted to rip it out in favor of a big huge freakin' baseball bat like hunk of mahogany necked goodness, that currently sits atop a basically non-functioning generic '70's import guitar body of unmarked origin. "Joy and Rapture" I stated, after discovering this potential prospect. I then resolved to attach said huge freakin' mahogany goodness to my litte cigar box body...I'll keep ya all up to speed with the progress. And as I'm sure you can tell by now, I know a thing er 2 about growin' dem herbs and such...

As to the question about acoustic playin'. I sure do! In fact, it's pretty much all I play. I've got a sweet little '59 Gibson LG-0 among others...that gets pretty much daily use.
seeker
Regular

Next

Return to A Bit About You