Greetings to all.

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Greetings to all.

Postby wyldchyld » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:24 pm

Hello all. Been popping in and out here for a few months and finally decided to register so I could add my 2 cents here and there.
Who am I? Hmm? Well I am a 23 y/o female who loves the blues. I am a self taught guitar player. Started about 9 years ago and have been on a downward trend ever since. Saw Rory Block in concert and haven't been the same since.
I play locally about three nights a week. Mostly happy hours and a few openings for other local bands.
Equipment? I own a National Type 1, National 'O', and a Gibson "Nick Lucas" Reissue. None of my Nationals are of the vintage type. The tri-cone is a 1998 and the O is a 2002 model. They work just fine for me. I play through a Carvin P800-822 pa system. I prefer to mic my guitars over using a p/u. I use AKG condenser mics for guitar and vocals.
My favorite blues come from Skip James, Tommy Johnson, Robert Johnson, Blind Willie Johnson, Tampa Red....and the likes. For modern artists....Rory Block of course, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Corey Harris, Bob Brozman, Keb Mo (when he plays without the band), and way to many more to list.
I am currently working on a website to promote myself. Hope to put some sound bytes there as well. Will post here when that happens.
wyldchyld
Regular

RE: Greetings to all.

Postby bluesmcgoo » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:44 pm

Hey WyldChyld!

You've got some nice guitars there. And judging by your list of favs (sounds like my own list), you'll fit right in. Welcome to the Big Road! Enjoy and post often!

McGoo
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:51 pm

Hey, welcome, Wyldchyld!
ricochet
Regular

Postby bluesmouse » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:44 pm

Hi WyldChyld,
Yeah- those are my kind of blues artists!
Welcome to BRB and good luck with your gigs. Be sure to post the link to your site when the soundfiles are up.
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby bosco » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:48 pm

Hello WC,

Welcome to the BigRoad...you came to the right place!

Nice equipment and influences, and always great to have another gal around...Mt.Blues and CAS get lonely.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby inbred » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:54 pm

Good to have you here on the Big Road. I, as well, like yer list.
inbred
Regular

Postby cas » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:09 am

Welcome to the BRB WyldChyld...you'll like it here.

And Bosco, I don't get lonely with all y'all manly men around.

Carol
cas

Postby david » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:26 pm

Good to have more folks of the female persuasion here. It may help civilize some of the hairy legged types around here.

Sounds like you have a lot to share. If you don't see posts and topics that are meeting your needs, post something and see which direction it runs off in.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dcblues » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:57 pm

WyldChyld, you'd fit in really well with the regulars at Archie Edwards' barbershop. If you're ever in the DC area, check us out.

http://www.acousticblues.com
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby wyldchyld » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:28 pm

Thanks for all the warm greetings. I will try to post when I can. I attend classes during the days, that, homework, and trying to practice when I can keep me pretty busy. Hopefully I will be out of school soon and in the work force as a RN by spring of 2004.
I've seen a lot of interestion threads here, and will try to jump in where I think I can contribute something.
wyldchyld
Regular

Postby jay » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:34 am

Welcome WyldChyld, I'm sure you'll have fun here

J
jay
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:38 pm

>Nice equipment and influences, and always great to have
>another gal around...Mt.Blues and CAS get lonely.

They get lonely? I am lonely. . . damn hospital.

er, I mean: [h2]WELCOME![/h2]

More young people to make these ol'farts pull their hair out! Zee revoloo-tion can not be zstopped!

Muhahahahah[span style="{color:#EE1111; font-family:courier,monoco,monotype;}"]Spurious Transmission interupted. Patient Medication Administered. Please Contact Hospital Administrator, Zone 37B.[/span]
rustyslide
Site Admin

Return to A Bit About You