I'm back...

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

I'm back...

Postby mofuggah » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:59 am

After being gone for over a year...I'm back. I used to post here as Crackerbilly. Hopefully, once I get a hold of the Admin people, I can get my old password and resume using my old ID again. I missed alot of you guys and hope my old buddies are still here...like Sarge.

I'm still for the most part doing the same things I always was. Sonny Landreth and I are still very good friends and speak on a regular basis. I still use Gibson guitars and Big Heart slides. I still have the bronze bomber slide that Luther custom made for me. Luther, if you still participate on this BB, I'm gonna be sending in another order for some more slides in a few weeks. I'm down to my last slide and it won't be long before I lose/break it.

Good to be back...
mofuggah
Regular

RE: I'm back...

Postby david » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:40 pm

Welcome back. Hope you don't get schizo on us from having two names and all.

Sarge and Luther both seem to have fallen by the way side. I heard from Luther awhile back and he said he was busy with work and hadn't had time to check in.

I also use a Bronze Bomber, and Luther sent me one of the prototypes. I can still get the ones that started all that--the bronze sleeve bearings from Tractor Supply--for about a buck and a quarter, but they aren't near what Luther is turning out now.

I still plan to try one of the Diamond slides everyone has been bragging about lately. You might want to check some of the archives on them. Sounds like some good options there.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mofuggah » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:45 pm

Ahh...cool. Another one of the prototype guys. I also got a prototype slide and I remember the original discussion abou the ones from Tractor Supply. Are you the one that got Luther started on the Bronze bomber??? I don't use mine very much...only for certain songs...but it was a great idea.

If I can get my old ID back, I won't be using this one. Good to talk to someone who was here back in the good ol' days.
mofuggah
Regular

Postby diamond » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:00 pm

Welcome back, and we're here if you need us!

Happy Slidin'

Big D.

http://www.diamondbottlenecks.com:)
diamond
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:45 pm

Welcome back!

ramble ramble ramble
I got ramblin' on my mind.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby david » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:34 pm

Yeah, I posted about the sleeve bearing made of bronze way back and Luther e-mailed me for info. He found a source of stock material and his are now heavier, smoother, shinier, better sized, etc.

But there's just something about having a piece of a tractor three-point hitch in your pocket or guitar case. I was in the TSC the other day and passed by the bin full of those and had to stop and slip one on my finger. I think its better Mojo than a Craftsman socket.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluesmouse » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:38 pm

I picked up a Bronze Bomber after reading one of your posts David. I really like it, love the weight of that thing! I use it live when we're acoustic to sound louder.
bluesmouse
Regular

Postby bluesmcgoo » Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:57 pm

Hey Crackerbilly!

I wasn't hangin' out here yet when you were last here, but welcome back all the same.

McGoo
bluesmcgoo
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:35 pm

Glad you're back, Crackerbilly! Hope PappyJ can get your "handle" back OK!
ricochet
Regular

Postby mofuggah » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:51 pm

Thanks everybody....##### like this makes me glad to be a part of this board.

You all are a fine bunch and I'm happy to be back.

:7
mofuggah
Regular

Return to A Bit About You