Pride and Ego my lad...............

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Pride and Ego my lad...............

Postby bones » Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:33 am

pride and ego!

I guess that I am not so new, I logged in a few weeks ago but never set up an intro for myself. I love to play and listen to the auditory input we call MUSIC. My first love for playing is obviously the blues, but from an early age I had influences from Beethoven to BB King.
I keep a day job and have kids and a divorce, but when the day is done, all I want to do is jam.
Am I the best in the world? Nope. Am I the best on the block? Yep!(At least I think so.) Without a little Pride and Ego, you'll never get those licks down. So if you want to get it right, "Pride and Ego,my lad.........Pride and Ego!"
bones
Regular

RE: Pride and Ego my lad...........

Postby bosco » Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:13 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-02 AT 11:17 AM (CST)]Hey Bones, I'm all for pride and ego when it comes to individual practice and the discipline needed to perfect those licks we crave.

I'm not so sure there is much room for ego in a band setting though. Ego prevents many from advancing within the dynamics of a band and getting the opportunity to provide maximum contribution to the group.
Also, ego is often the outright cause of many bands breaking up. I'm not saying there isn't a place for ego in life, there is; just trying to put all of this in perspective. Anyway, This conference is for "A bit about you", so welcome!

"Think wrongly, if you please, but in all cases think for yourself."
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ernest » Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:58 pm

That's why I don't like to play in a band.
I was playing in a band whit 9 people so there was no place for ego.
ernest
Regular

Postby bones » Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:06 am

Sorry that you guys got the wrong impression. Pride and ego is a line from a Iron Maiden song. It's actually pretty goofy. Although one must have pride and ego about one's playing to be any good at all.
As far as social traits, (in which they are also somewhat essential in their prescence) when taken to the extremes of bad taste they can break up bands, marriages and friendships.

I am actually pretty laid back, quite introspective and thoughtful, but I wasn't filling out a personals add, so I just got goofy.

Peace,
Bones
bones
Regular

Postby rwlyo » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:11 am

Goofy is good, especially around here!

ardubya

"top of the world one minute, haunted by meagers the next"
rwlyo
Regular

Postby badfinger » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:29 pm

"one must have pride and ego..." or be a slug!

bf
badfinger
Regular

Postby inbred » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:00 pm

Hi, bones. Good to have you, pride, ego and whatever else you got.
inbred
Regular

Return to A Bit About You