Breakdown

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Breakdown

Postby Grenade » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:14 am

Not the Tom Petty song. Played a gig Friday night and my Pedal power quits and the bridge pickup quits in my Les Paul, I grab my resonator to do a couple songs and my tube preamp quits. So I finish the night with my Schecter. Forward to Saturday's gig, First song the bridge pickup quits in my Schecter, grab my Godin and all it wants to do is feedback, grab the Schecter and use the neck pickup, Bassman starts changing volume, stinking like a smokey barroom, and some awesome static. Sending the preamp back, got the amp fixed, new switch in the Schecter, and got another pickup for the Les Paul. My good what a weekend. :blink:
Grenade
Regular

Re: Breakdown

Postby LesFromChicago » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:22 pm

sounds kind of spooky there. But probably if those instruments/devices could speak they might tell you "Don't take it personally".
LesFromChicago
Regular

Re: Breakdown

Postby gatorblue » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:30 am

crazy events, but props to you for making it happen. That's generally the sign of a pro.

On a recent trip to London and Dublin, I went w/o instruments and used those loaned by local musicians. It worked out, but I was glad that I had become accustomed to playing a number of different guitars and amps over the years. That made a huge difference.
gatorblue
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues