New CD Info

What about the blues club(s) in your area? Any worth visiting? Blues festivals or events?

New CD Info

Postby 1dustyeod » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:47 pm

Thought I'd drop a line and let you know of our new CD. Recording has commenced for Tommys Triple Threat Blues Revues' 5th CD. We received the following EM on Sunday. We are very excited after receiving Rick Derringers endorsement on the project.
Thanks for looking in.

Tommy

http://www.tommystriplethreatbluesrevue ... dPage.html

On 9/22/05 12:12 PM, "Thomas M. Hamrick" <1dustyeod@charter.net> wrote:

Hi Rick,

Tommy here friend with a request/question. I'm working on a new collection of tunes for the new CD up here. I was wondering if I could have permission to record "Wrapped Up In Love Again" and include it on this CD. I thought it'd would be a good song to use to "introduce" the Jackhammer during shows and I thought further that it would probably be best to ask permission 1st rather than ask forgivness later. I'm trying to work up a new band lineup for a road jaunt if I can find a booking agent too so the struggle, as always, continues.....

I hope all is going well for you friend.... God bless.

Tommy

http://www.tommystriplethreatbluesrevue ... dPage.html

Please use it with my compliments and endorsement.
Rick Derringer

As you can imagine.... we're really stoked about how this project is shaping up. I'll keep everybody posted as it comes together and let you all know when its finished.

Tommy

[www.tommystriplethreatbluesrevue.com/BandPage.html]

"A strat, a cord, and an amp set to 10 is all I really need. Nothing sounds better than a tortured stratocaster....."
1dustyeod
Regular

RE: New CD Info

Postby nizer » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:36 pm

That's great Tommy - congratulations on the RD endorsement. Keep us posted.
nizer
Regular

Postby grady » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:19 pm

Yep,,,good luck with it Tommy !!!

I'm looking forward to a little break in October.

I cancelled my gigs in NC,Roanoke,Va & Charleston,WV this week so,,,I could try to get over this Pneumonia & Strep throat.

I need some rest.

See ya soon !!
grady
Regular

Postby ricochet » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:28 am

Pneumonia AND strep throat? Dang! Get well soon, Grady!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:57 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Sep-29-05 AT 02:04 AM (EST)]Yeah friend.... Sounds like you really need some rest and about 6 days of antibiotics. Let me know if you need anything and I'll run down if I have to friend.... Hope you get to feelin better soon though for sure.

I was really excited when I got the OK and go ahead so to speak. Hired a new bass player last night and will commence practice tomorrow.... Should have the CD done by the end of 3 weeks. Mix a week... Ship it out. Then look for a booking agent... Need to get out an travel awhile. Need some more stuff to write about..... (ha) I'll keep everybody posted as it comes together. Thanks for the good words and encouragement friends.... Nize... I'd really love a connection in Canada for a little 3-4 week jaunt if you all would like some blues u can use up there friend.

Tommy

"A strat, a cord, and an amp set to 10 is all I really need. Nothing sounds better than a tortured stratocaster....."
1dustyeod
Regular

Postby nizer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:34 pm

>Nize... I'd really love a
>connection in Canada for a little 3-4 week jaunt if you all
>would like some blues u can use up there friend.

Really? Well it just so happens my buddy and I at the Burlington Jazz 'n Blues Festival are putting together our lineup for next summer's festival. We also book acts under that name for other clubs, etc. throughout the year. Checked out your site - looks like you're one rockin' dude Tommy! I will send you an email.
nizer
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:25 pm

Too cool friend..... I'll look forward to the EM and hearing some more about that..... The work on the CD is coming along really well and I'd love a chance to show it around up there.

Tommy

1dustyeod
Regular

Postby bosco » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:02 pm

Nice to see you on the BigRoad again Tommy- best of luck on the CD project and tour.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nizer » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:01 pm

Did you get my email Tommy?
nizer
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:59 pm

No sir I didn't Nizer..... Been pretty busy and yesterday I rebuilt/restructured 2 computers so I might have missed it somehow friend.... Apologies..... Between breaking in the new bass player and organizing equipment.... well... you know.... I appreciate everybodys interest and support though very much.

Tommy

1dustyeod
Regular

Postby david » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:26 pm

Congratulations and good luck on the CD project.

I had the opportunity to cross paths with Rick Derringer last month. I was once in a rather strange situation where I met a fair number of famous rock n rollers. A great many of them were arrogant jerks.

Rick Derringer was a truly nice individual. A real gentleman.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 1dustyeod » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:00 pm

He really IS a nice guy.... Always has a table type meet and greet after his shows. BB usually does that too.... It always amazed me how personable those two are with their fans.... I had a mixing board go down yesterday.... Glad I've got spares... Its always something I guess. It'll take more than that to stop this project though....

Tommy

1dustyeod
Regular

Postby grady » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:27 pm

I've always loved Rick Derringer.

In fact,,,my list of Top 10 all-time favorite guitarists would have to include him and Robin Trower.

I use to have a Cassette of him with Edgar Winter called "Made in Japan" or something like that.
It was fantastic.
It just disappeared,,,somebody swiped it.
I've never been able to find another copy.

It had a tune called "Jump,Jump,Jump" on it that was fantastic,,,not to mention a great live rendition of "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo"

Best of luck with this effort Tommy.
I hope to see you guys play sometime.

I'm still very ill.
Some weird things have been happening.
I woke up this Morning,,could barely breathe.
I used a vaporizer last night and I think it had an adverse effect on me.

I'm just very ill.

I had two big boxes of cool guitar gear delivered to me last week and haven't even touched them.
So,,you know I don't feel good,,,LOL !!

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to make it to this week's gigs.
grady
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:38 am

Grady, if you make it through this you're going to have to pitch those coffin nails for good!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby grady » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:23 am

Yes,,,no doubt about it Ric.

I gotta quit smoking.
This bout with Pneumonia has shown me what not being able to breathe feels like and it ain't no fun.
grady
Regular

Next

Return to HomeTown Blues