The Eagles leave me bored...

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

The Eagles leave me bored...

Postby Honeyboy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 pm

I'm not a fan of The Eagles. They play well and have some good songs but every time I see them live they just play exactly what's on the record. No improvisation or changing of the lead parts. I might as well stay home and listen to the record.

That's why I love the blues. It's always new and the best bands are always taking things to another level. It's more like jazz.

Rick
http://www.bluesguitarinsider.com
Honeyboy
Regular

Re: The Eagles leave me bored...

Postby NEONMOONY » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:21 am

Not a big Eagles guy myself but I thought the later recording of Hotel California that came out with all the classical guitar and such was a longer more intricate version taken from a live concert. The live version not being just a repeat of the original recording. I actually find them very talented but much like the Beatles and stones maybe I heard them too much.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Re: The Eagles leave me bored...

Postby Honeyboy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Ya I guess it comes down to what kind of music you like. I like to see a band "creating" in the moment and interacting with each other. The Allman Brothers were a great example of that and a Bruce Springsteen concert is always unpredictable, even for the band.

But if a band like the Eagles needs to stay close to a very specific arrangement I guess I can understand that... I just don't enjoy it very much. All the creativity happened 30 years ago.
Honeyboy
Regular

Return to Talking Blues