Precision Bass

A forum devoted to the discussion of playing bass with the blues.

Precision Bass

Postby BobHolland » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:10 am

New to me but 9 years old. Went into a local guitar store the other day & noticed a Fender Precision Bass setting over to the side. This is a Fender dealer but he doesn't usually stock many P Basses. Asked if it was for sale. Used but on consignment from a customer. Duncan Basslines pickups, SKB Hardshell case. White with white pickguard & rosewood neck. White has aged to a cream color. I haven't owned a P bass since the new one I bought in 1966. Sold it in 1969 & got a Jazz Bass. Still have a Jazz Bass but not the old one. $300.00 I thought it was a good price. Went back & picked it up a day later. It also had a new set of flatwound strings on it. The bass does not have any scratches or dings. Looks brand new. Sounds & plays great. I'm a happy old bass player. Now my Jazz Bass is gonna be jealous. I'll post some photos in a day or two. I'm already thinking I'll change the pickguard to a tortoise shell pickguard. :D
BobHolland
Regular

Re: Precision Bass

Postby BobHolland » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 am

Here is a photo of my Fender Precision Bass before I change the pickguard. :wha:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8236/8461 ... 8e25_c.jpg
BobHolland
Regular

Postby BobHolland » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:28 am

Here is a photo after the changes.

Image :D :D :D
BobHolland
Regular

Postby lpdeluxe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 pm

That's really pretty. I love that combination. I'm still playing my fiesta red Classic '50s (and my AV '57 sunburst, but it doesn't show up under the stage lights as well).

lpdeluxe
Regular

Return to Bass - Meet Me At The Bottom