Most popular amp?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Most popular amp?

Postby Honeyboy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Not the best, but the most popular. And why it is do you think?

Rick Honeyboy Hart
Honeyboy
Regular

Re: Most popular amp?

Postby panhead201 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:41 am

Sounds like such a simple question....A lotta guy,s I know,have bought those RI Deluxe Reverbs,22 watts and 1-12.They've been using them in the studio and rehearsal.I guess you can crank em up enough to get the tubes hot and not do serious bodily harm.But they're 13,14 hundred.For some kid just starting out,that's a lotta cash for 22 watts and one speaker.It seems like three new amp builders spring up every day.Carr,222,65 amps the list seems endless.I've got a Vintage 5 Bugera and a THD Univalve that costs 20 times more.I like the Bugera better.I guess as far as sales go,probably a Line 6 spider or whatever.I'll have to ask some friends in retail.You had a link to your website on another post.Great website,man.Really enjoyed it.Liked the pics.Ground Zero is one of a couple places I'll leave the house to play.Real catfish,hush puppies,cole slaw and cornbread and ICE COLD beer.Play poker after lunch,on the porch and watch the girls going to the museum.Go back to the hotel bout 4:30,take a nap and a shower before you go out to play.I just love it.Can you believe people will pay you to do this?
panhead201
Regular

Postby birdmove » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:32 pm

I still have an old Pignose G60R 60 watt all tube combo amp with a 12" speaker. Sounds really good. I like my old Fender Deluxe 112+ solid state combo. I have a Bugera BC15 that I haven't decided yet if I will keep it. Lastly, I took a chance and bought a new Albion AG10 hybrid amp. Don't know why, but it just beats up the BC15 for good sounds, and it has an extension speaker cabinet. I will keep that one too. How can the 8" speaker in my Albion sound so much better than the 8" in the Bugera?
birdmove
Regular

Postby gatorblue » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:20 am

I remember seeing a lot of Peavey Delta Blues 115 amps in Memphis and Nashville. One of the local GC's had one traded in and I went and played it and bought on the spot--great amp at reasonable price and lots of options. I own many vintage fenders (54 and 59 bassman amps) as well as old Gibsons and Vox/s. The DB compares very well---one of the best amps for the money. Also the Vox AC15 112 is a really, really good amp. You have to tweak it because it's doesn't adjust the way the other brands do, but once you understand how to use the cut knob along with the eq knobs, it has very good tone.
gatorblue
Regular

Postby michaelm » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:56 pm

I have absolutely no sources to quote, but my experience says that the all-time favorite amp has got to be the Fender Twin Reverb. This amp has gone through a few incarnations, and people will argue until Doomsday which one was the best, but over the years this amp has had the combination of price, power and tone that we all seek.

It is a little more amp than I need these days -- I have Fender FM 210 right now -- but if I was half my age (or less :cool: ) and playing the clubs and the 210 wouldn't cut it, a Twin Reverb is what I would want, too.
michaelm
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:07 pm

fender champ
goldbrick
Regular

Postby gatorblue » Mon May 19, 2014 2:54 am

Not sure about most popular but, to me, the greatest all-around guitar amp is the tweed deluxe. Easily the most versatile amp and probably the most recorded amp the past 50 years. Many blues greats played them, and still do. In rock, think Walsh, Felder, Young, Page, etc. --- all have recorded some of their most memorable solos on the tweed deluxe. Fender's re-issue is so-so and the old ones are so touchy it's hard to use them. But several people are making good clones--Victoria, Carls, and especially RecPros Tweed Deluxe Speed shop. All of these offer the almost unlimited fine-tuning the original fender 5E3 architecture provided which is what makes it such an outstanding amp.

If you want controlled overdrive that is natural-sounding (no digital harshness), this is the amp of the gods. Just my opinion---Gator
gatorblue
Regular

Postby texas blues » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:18 am

5e3 tweed deluxe is Jesus' amplificador.

If there's one amp its that one.

Many play through other amps but just like vegetarians....

Eventually they all eat chicken.

And tweed.
texas blues
Regular

Postby texas blues » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:26 am

This.

I can't stand Neil and his opinions but...

His music is incredible and his tone is awesome.

Playing thru a tweed deluxe with 6L6's, a Whizzer, and a Maggie i believe.

Even Muddy I reckon would count this as kinda' blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c93-UdPz1BI
texas blues
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues