Squire Strat Rebuild

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Squire Strat Rebuild

Postby skeetercaster » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 am

Hi guys,I'm into my 4th day on this project, which is a 2010' 60's vibe Squire Strat, which was purchased froma local pawn shop for 75$...the more I work on it , more I tend to invest, it's got a maple neck,rosewood fretboard,alder body,it did'nt sound bad when I bought it,it was just bang up from being droped,which forced me to,due to lack of sleep, haveing to tackle the chore of stripping the credit card thick finish off this thing,both neck and body totally stripped to bare wood,so to cut through all the work involved so far,and not to pat myself on the back but it looks good enough for me to go ahead and purchase all the pot's ,bridge,tuners,pickups,switch,cap and complete the project
Attachments
1'st application of Tung oil 001.JPG
skeetercaster
Regular

Re: Squire Strat Rebuild

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:45 am

Nice start!
But how 'bout giving us a clue concerning your goals?
Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Yeah, what are your goals? Those Classic Vibe Strats are great guitars. I've been wanting the 60's version for quite some time, but I just can't get used to the ultra thin necks.

You should post this over at Strat-Talk as well. We love this kind of stuff over there. :mrgreen: Keep us posted!
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby skeetercaster » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:51 am

well actually the neck really feels pretty sweet, not ultra thin, and not like a baseball bat,as for goals, I've purchased a set of Fender pots,5-way switch,.22mf orange drop cap, and a 60's Vintage Tremolo bridge and a roll of copper tape to line the electronic cavitys, I plan on 4 coats of tung oil on the neck and head stock, and 10-12 (or until I get tired of applying it, or my hardware gets here) on the neck,with the stock tortus shell pick guard,should look sweet,the tuners and neck plate
skeetercaster
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:25 pm

I hope you mean a 0.022uf(mf) cap.

At any rate, this will be a cool project. What tremolo system did you get?
leftyguitarman
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues