Mision amp

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Mision amp

Postby Jaybird803 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 am

Has anyone played a Mission Chicago 32-20 amp? What are your impressions? Can it be compared to other amps in the same category ..Sonny Jr. Harpgear?
Jaybird803
Regular

Re: Mision amp

Postby bottleneck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:05 am

i have not seen ,heard nor played one in real life.i'll tell you what i do like about them,is the flexibility.i read on their website where you can run them on 6v6,and 5y3 rectifier or 6l6 and a gz34 !!now that is flexible.

it is like having a deluxe and a bassman in the same package.

it also has a line out that might be handy,even though i don't normally use things like that.so it sounds like if you can afford it ,it is a very versatile harp amp.especially if you consider it can be ordered with about any combination speakers you want.

that said,i need my amps to be used for both harp and guitar ,so it isn't an option for me.if i was in the market for an amp (i have too many already)i would probably buy a sligo deluxe.pretty much the best deal out there i know of.

i'd love to hear other opinions!

www.shakeylee.com
bottleneck
Regular

Postby Jaybird803 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:56 am

I agree about the versatility of the amp as far as using it with 6v6 or 6L6. A number of other options are also interesting. I heard one on Youtube, but that is not a fair way to hear something . I would be interested to hear how it compares with a Sonny Jr. They seem rather close in general. I think both amp builders are very reputable. Thanks for your input bottleneck.
Jaybird803
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:36 am

then there's always the harpking to consider too! we are never done shopping,are we? anyway the harp king sounds good with RP.

www.shakeylee.com
bottleneck
Regular

Return to Blues Harp