the blessings of "sitting in"

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

the blessings of "sitting in"

Postby jeffl » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

I went down to a club to catch some acquaintances of mine playing the blues a couple weeks ago; I knew 3 of the 4 guys and particularly wanted to hear the harper, whom I hadn't heard for prob'ly 20 years. When I got down there they asked me up after the first set so the harper could switch to rhythm guitar (he was leading the gig). We had a great time, and I played all night, but I thought no more of it.

Last nite I went to another club to hear the same bunch, plus one, playing a bluegrass/country rock gig.
It was amazing! Alot of the people in the crowd were at the last gig and came up to me and raved about how we tore the house down that night, BUT...

the biggest blessing was the harp player's comment that he felt that night was the most fun he'd ever had playing music in his 35 years of gigging, and he thanked me for supplying alotta energy in taking the harp duties. The drummer took my card and said he'd get ahold of me when they did another blues shot.

I couldn't help but be thankful that my weekly closed jam bunch plays like that every week, and I'm very fortunate.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: the blessings of "sitting in"

Postby Doubet » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Man that is awesome, I once sat in with these cats in Memphis and had a blast, and the more you do it, the more fun it gets.
Doubet
Regular

Return to About Gigs