Things moving in unexpected directions

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

Things moving in unexpected directions

Postby allanlummox » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Since we've been in Portland I've cut back on a lot of my playing out - mostly playing online broadcasts and the occasional Farmers Market.

But work has been finding me - Last year I recorded an actor's voiceover for a short film and a TV commercial. A little while ago we recorded a violinist here at my studio for a short film. Now, I'm recording several short guitar pieces for some educational films. Not Blues - but it'll do.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Things moving in unexpected directions

Postby jeffl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:13 pm

It's all good Dan. Even as much as I've enjoyed giggin' in my life, i'm down to just going to my weekly closed jam and doin' maybe 3 gigs/yr. I'm just glad I can play music steadily.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby allanlummox » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:08 pm

http://soundcloud.com/danlange/crossroads-sunday-live?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fdanlange%2Fcrossroads-sunday-live
A recording of one of my live broadcasts on Second Life - from the Crossroads, an imaginary Biker bar.... A little hot, I'm all happy with my new mic pre. Let me know what you think!
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:59 pm

That whole thing is great Lummo! I like the fact that your stuff takes me back about 40 years, to the days when I was feasting on music from Koerner,Ray & Glover, Dakota Dave Hull, and Rev. Gary Davis.

Nowadays, I catch Charlie Parr for a live fix of that stuff. Great job.

BTW, I assume that's you on the racked harp; I like that. I used to play piano & racked harp back in my college days when I had a 3-piece country blues band, but I've gotten away from it. I've thought about goin' back to it, but I've gotten dependent on using my hands & cupping my harp.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby allanlummox » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:03 am

Thanks. Yea, that's me on Harp - finally learning not to huff and puff as hard as I can.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Well, that's one of the beautious things about playin' music all the time: if you pay attention, you get better & acquire skills... while having fun. You're relatively young (for the miles you got on you :lol: ); you'll get better 'n' better.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording