Who needs the $$$?

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Who needs the $$$?

Postby jeffl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:32 pm

We played an outdoor party Saturday nite at a farm co-op. We did it for nothin' except a box of produce each. We did one set..about 15 tunes. The stage & venue were great, and the sound & light crew were pros (hired to serve the main act).

When we got up on stage they had a cooler full of bottled beers and a bottle of cognac for us. The weather was great, the crowd had a good time, and the band we opened for was fantastic. It was a great party. I'd do that again for the same fee.

BTW, it was the first time I used my new Sennheiser Popsicle (e609, or sumpin') mic to mic my amp, and I highly recommend those slick little tools.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Who needs the $$$?

Postby MakaInOz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:26 am

With the current price of vegetables here, a box of produce is worth more than what you'd normally get paid!
MakaInOz
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:01 pm

MakaInOz wrote:With the current price of vegetables here, a box of produce is worth more than what you'd normally get paid!
Yeah, isn't that funny...! I thought about that. We actually have a few "Pay to Play" clubs in the Minneapolis/St.Paul area.

And, btw, my post is written in the context that I'm not a "working" musician; my jam band meets every week in our host's house, and we only play out a few times/yr. as a whole group. Our members play in other bands for pay, so playin' cheap is not new to this bunch.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Stackabones » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:10 pm

Food is money.
Stackabones
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:51 pm

you can't eat money,haha!
bottleneck