Jason Ricci Arrested For Theft

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Jason Ricci Arrested For Theft

Postby Bill Carson » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Bloomington man arrested after theft of musical instruments, bank cards...
Jason Joseph Ricci, 37, was on his way to take an alcohol test, a requirement for his probation, when police arrested him around 10 a.m.,
According to Bloomington Police, Ricci is accused of stealing an African drum, two guitars, a computer and a purse from a friend’s studio...

I hope he enjoys his time in prison. That's probably exactly where he needs to be.
Bill Carson
Regular

Re: Jason Ricci Arrested For Theft

Postby The Saint » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:25 pm

What state was this?
The Saint
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Indiana I believe.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dcblues » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Are you sure it's the right Jason Ricci? I haven't seen anything on Facebook or harp-l about this.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Carson » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes, it's him. It was on modernbluesharmonica.com, but the mods pulled it because they're trying to cover for him.
Bill Carson
Regular

Postby atty1chgo » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:20 am

No one is "covering" for anyone, Bill.
atty1chgo
Regular

Postby TC6969 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 am

Bill Carson wrote:
I hope he enjoys his time in prison. That's probably exactly where he needs to be.

He better get married real quick when he gets there or he is going to be one busy boy! :wha:
TC6969
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:10 pm

I hope he's got at least one friend willing to stand by him and maybe help him see his way through these destructive times. I've had some friends that have hit the skids over the years- often due to a string of poor decisions,too much drugs & alcohol, and hangin' around the wrong people- and sometimes you gotta stick with 'em just 'cuz they're friends and you have a history... even if you can't condone the actions that got 'em there.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Carson » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:49 pm

jeffl wrote:I hope he's got at least one friend willing to stand by him and maybe help him see his way through these destructive times. I've had some friends that have hit the skids over the years- often due to a string of poor decisions,too much drugs & alcohol, and hangin' around the wrong people- and sometimes you gotta stick with 'em just 'cuz they're friends and you have a history... even if you can't condone the actions that got 'em there.

I had heard somewhere that he was marrying a woman. Not sure what that's about, as I thought he was openly gay.
Yes, I agree that someone needs to stand by him, but it's ultimately his decision to change if he has addictions, etc. But I have to admit, I really have a hard time hearing about a musician stealing someone else's instrument.
He really is a very talented individual, and it seems like he could have it all, if he could just straighten up. :|
Last edited by Bill Carson on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Carson
Regular

Postby jeffl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:14 pm

I know nothin' about Jason other than the fact that I've heard him play, and I've heard stories about his lifestyle. He's a wonderful person with a gift for enthusiasm, and he shares that.

I agree that theft is a dirty thing. My personal experience is colored by the fact that I have a daughter who went through a similar period in her life, and stole from me, and other people who loved her. I was a cautious enabler for about 10 years, and spent many thousands of dollars on her phone bills and helping her pay rent and buy food. Ultimately she made it through that period, and I don't regret how I handled it, but every case is different.

You're right about another thing: sometimes prison does save a person's life. Alotta guys in prison will tell you that.

I would guess that Jason's got some drug addiction issues, and I can't relate to that. I can't judge it either. I've always drank too much-- not binging, but catching 5-6 beer buzzes 2-3 times/wk-- and smoke pot when I jam, and if I had a hardcore addiction, I don't know if I'd have the constitution to beat it. I try to remember that these are people, and at one time their mama loved 'em, and they've got value. I'll bet Jason's ashamed of some of the stuff he's done.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jbone1 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:18 am

i have not met Jason. i have heard him on youtube and friends locally have met him when he played here. flamboyance and even sexual orientation don't matter to me. i'm secure in my role. theft is disturbing. there is some sort of pathology behind it, esp if it's a new behavior. i will say that desperation can cause people to do things they'd never normally even consider.
i don't cover for people. if they make a bad choice, a mistake, or they flat out do wrong, it's on them. if i can help them find a way back to being functional i do, but the first thing is someone has to be willing to change. even then, another person can only help some.
i have been clean and sober for a lot of days at a time. this is something i was going to do or i was going to die. i don't fault anyone for their behavior, the last thing i am qualified to do is judge someone else. but my recovery depends on giving the secret away. so any time i see an opportunity i will tell my story in the hope that it will help someone else, and also because it's kept me from going back to a very toxic and deadly (for me) lifestyle.

this is all aside from why i'm on this forum and others like it. i love playing harp and singing, mostly blues with a smattering of jazz, country, swing, rock, etc etc. i know Jason loves what he does as well. i hope he can find a resolution to his conflicts and get on a better path soon. meanwhile, i'm gonna blow some harp!
jbone1
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Damn-do you guys not see accused and not convicted

This ain't Pakistan ( yet )
goldbrick
Regular

Postby jbone1 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:38 pm

goldbrick- you are absolutely correct.
jbone1
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:09 pm

goldbrick wrote:Damn-do you guys not see accused and not convicted

Regardless of that, goldbrick, the accusation of being in violation of your probation is likely to result in jail time. Even Jason's closest acquaintances seem to know that he's been up to some illegal acts, if you put any stock in what they have posted on other forums.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bill Carson » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 am

goldbrick wrote:Damn-do you guys not see accused and not convicted

I believe they found the stolen stuff in his possession. So, yeah, he looks pretty guilty at this point.
Bill Carson
Regular

Next

Return to Blues Harp