Australian Blues Lover

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Australian Blues Lover

Postby Big Mike » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi Everyone

I am an Australian Blues Presenter on radio here in Adelaide, South Australia. I have been listening to Jeff for some years now (praise podcasts). I've been presenting Blues for 20 years, but for the past 5 years I've allowed my passion free rein and taken a leaf from Jeff's book and play only authentic material with an emphasis on the historical aspect of the Blues. I'm not here to scam CD's, promising airplay, I just like to know what others have to say about the Blues.

Big Mike
Big Mike
Regular

Re: Australian Blues Lover

Postby jellyroll baker » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:21 am

Hey Mike,

Welcome aboard. Aussie broadcaster myself, down in Melbourne. What station are you on?
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Australian Blues Lover

Postby Big Mike » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 am

I'm on Radio Adelaide 101.5. Thing Called "Saturday Blues". Longest running Blues show in the country, since 1974. There's a couple of us. My mate plays ultra contemporary material from all over the world. I play "authentic" black man's blues, the guys who invented it. I take an historical approach to the music.

Mike
Big Mike
Regular

Return to A Bit About You