Brass body Republic Tricone electric are they built good

A discussion of techniques, and equipment for guitar. Fretted, bottleneck or slide, acoustic or electric, this is the place.

Brass body Republic Tricone electric are they built good

Postby videorov » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:41 am

I see and hear a few on Youtube and they sound real good. Wonder how good they are built.
Im thinking about buying one real soon from what I have seen and heard. I can't play one because none are around
here in Florida. I want to use for slide mostly.
videorov
Regular

Re: Brass body Republic Tricone electric are they built good

Postby gaucho » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Where in Florida are you. I have a Republic tricone and a resolian and both are extremely well built. There is really nothing comparable in that price range. The Hot Rod guitars that Len at Vintage Nationals sells are supposed to be good, but they haven't been very available. Busker Guitars make a comparable Tricone but they are only available in the UK and shipping would be a problem. I tried the Recording King and Regal tricones and didn't like them as much. If you are near Orlando, you are welcome to check mine out...

The Tricone on the top is mine and the one in the photo with my resolian belongs to a good friend of mine in Sarasota (it's a lefty).

View samples of my work here:
http://s41.photobucket.com/alb...o/?albumview=slideshow

Production Company here:
http://mediasourceimagery.com
gaucho
Regular

Postby bek1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:05 pm

My brass tricone is built really solid.
bek1
Regular

Postby sconnors » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:16 pm

I have a Republic Resolian and love it! Great guitar, great sound, great price and great company!
sconnors
Regular

Postby kiwiblues » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:22 am

Lenny at Vintage Nationals is bringing out a cutaway tricone soon. That would be great to have, with access to the upper frets. have a look on his website. http://www.nationalguitar.com/catalog/hot-rod-steel

I can feel the money straining to get out of my wallet already!! :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: 8)
kiwiblues
Regular

Postby k1w1 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:51 am

Yeah I like the look of those Hot Rods, I see a single cone in the future. My Republic tri is built way better than the Johnson I owned, good and solid, been inside and it is all is as it should be, the cones sound great so I am not modding this one, all the others except the Amistar were heavily worked over. I thought the cheap tuners may get replaced but they are surprisingly accurate so far. Great value at the price, barely played another guitar in 2 months

k1w1
Regular

Return to Guitar