And sometimes you just have to grit your teeth...

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

And sometimes you just have to grit your teeth...

Postby allanlummox » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:27 pm

When it's time to compose your own Spam.

It's late January, time for me to start sending Emails to the local Farmers Market associations, and - I've just never loved doing this kind of stuff, writing an Artist Bio, any of that self-aggrandizing stuff. (THANKS so much, Rusty, for putting that phrase on the table)

So - any suggestions? This has been the tone so far;

Hi!

I'm a newcomer to Beaverton, having just moved here from Portland a few monthse ago.
I'm no stranger to playing live Blues guitar at Farmes Markets, with 4 seasons in the Portland area and nearly a decade playing at street fairs and Farmers Markets in the Bay Area before that - and many years perfroming in a variety of venues before that!

I play Delta Blues styled music, Slide Guitar, on National Resophonic Guitars - very loud and clear acoustic instruments, with a natural sound that doesn't want amplifying to be heard, even in the hurley burley of market day. Without electronic amplification, they're never too loud for the vendors nearby, either.
My large repertoire of Blues, original songs, and music from a variety of genres goes over well with audiences of all ages. You can hear samples from my CD releases here;

http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/DanLange

I can also send you songs on a physical CD if you'd like.

Thanks and - see you at the market!

Dan Lange

Seriously, just looking for input here.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Re: And sometimes you just have to grit your teeth...

Postby NEONMOONY » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:34 am

One word, Spell Check. ;)
NEONMOONY
Regular

Re: And sometimes you just have to grit your teeth...

Postby NEONMOONY » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:35 am

Seriously, your music and videos should say plenty!
NEONMOONY
Regular

Return to About Gigs