What happened to Liberty guitars

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

What happened to Liberty guitars

Postby tommott77 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:47 am

With my first foray into slide playing seven years ago or so I purchased a Liberty resonator. The guitar was not really the nicest thing I had ever come across; it felt, played, and looked like one of those cheap China entry level acoustics, but with the top cut off and a cone installed. The guitar was eventually stolen and is long gone at this point, it is a shame because at the time I think it was a 1 of 1 when it came to the different trim pieces that were installed.I can't remember the guy's name but he was extremely nice and helpfu,l and put together somewhat of a custom piece when I placed the order with no mark-up. The name Liberty was coined from a show where the gentlemen played many years ago in Liberty NC, in my neck of the woods in Piedmont NC.

I Just googled 'Liberty Guitars' and their site is either down or gone. Also checked ebay and did not see any new instruments listed for sale there, and performed a search on this site to no avail. Anybody know what ever became of this guy and his guitars? I believe they were quite popular among many of the members on this forum some 7-8 years ago.
tommott77
Regular

Re: What happened to Liberty guitars

Postby Bant's Bluz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:10 pm

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I have two Liberty gits and for the price range and my skill level I have no complaints. The guy's name is Bill Blue.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Re: What happened to Liberty guitars

Postby kwshoes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Yes, Bill Blue's the guy and he still has the company, but he's currently occupied with other things down here in Key West. He's headed up to Nashville on Tuesday and will then leave on a short tour with some friends from the old days up in Virginia.

Bob Kelly
kwshoes
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues