How soon will my December 25th posts appear?

Ideas, likes, dislikes, recommendations, and opinions regarding the Big Road Blues web site and forums.

How soon will my December 25th posts appear?

Postby Justin Case » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:16 pm

I signed up Christmas morning with an introductory post followed by a few others. Yesterday, I noticed that my name was added to the new members list and that one person newer than me had a post listed but not me. I am perfectly content (although anxiously curious) to wait until you guys get done with a holiday break but am wondering if there was something I did that would have caused the entries to be lost.

Since it was my first time visiting the site, I found so much new stuff to comment upon that after a few I was told I could not submit any more entries and just saved them; how do I retrieve them?

I very much like the international aspect of this site. I have only been on one other and it was seemingly American domestic only. I wish I could see all the locations of the contributors; you may put me down as from San Jose, California, USA, or perhaps I can add that myself. Also, I noticed that someone had edited their post; how is that done?

Anyway, my name (for this purpose) is Justin Case, and if there is any problem could you please email me at the address I aready supplied. Thank you and looking forward to being an active participant.
Justin Case
Regular

Re: How soon will my December 25th posts appear?

Postby rustyslide » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Generally Zhyla or I approve posts every 48 hours, but sometimes it's longer (like over the holidays).

Justin Case wrote:I noticed that my name was added to the new members list and that one person newer than me had a post listed but not me.

Newer posts show up first on the moderation queue, so if I'm interrupted, this can happen.

Justin Case wrote:I was told I could not submit any more entries and just saved them; how do I retrieve them?

I believe you just try to reply to the topic again.

Justin Case wrote:you may put me down as from San Jose, California, USA, or perhaps I can add that myself.

Edit your profile. Look for 'user control panel' on any page.

Justin Case wrote:Also, I noticed that someone had edited their post; how is that done?

Find the 'edit' button above your post.

Cheers!
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby Justin Case » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks, Rusty. All you said was correct except that I was unable to retrieve what I had saved; why would there even be a save button? Perhaps now that I am a regular, it will be different.
Justin Case
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:15 am

Alright, so I tested saving. You hit 'post reply' (or 'quote') as normal, then click 'load' to load a saved post. The forum will list your saved posts, you click the one you want and badda-boom, away you go.

As to why— you have written 80% of a magnum opus describing in minutia how Someone Is Wrong On The Internet (and boy, are they wrong), but you get called away before you can finish the last 20%. You don't want to go off half-cocked (or 80% cocked in this case), so you hit 'save'.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby rustyslide » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:16 am

Alright, so I tested saving. You hit 'post reply' (or 'quote') as normal, then click 'load' to load a saved post. The forum will list your saved posts, you click the one you want and badda-boom, away you go.

As to why— you have written 80% of a magnum opus describing in minutia how Someone Is Wrong On The Internet (and boy, are they wrong), but you get called away before you can finish the last 20%. You don't want to go off half-cocked (or 80% cocked in this case), so you hit 'save'.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby misterjones » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Wow. This website is a real chore. At least 48 hours to approve a post? I think I'll go elsewhere with my blues questions.
misterjones
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:27 pm

You're only moderated until you have three posts approved.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby Neal » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:29 pm

misterjones wrote:Wow. This website is a real chore. At least 48 hours to approve a post? I think I'll go elsewhere with my blues questions.

Maybe try "Ask Jeeves" dot com? :shock:
Neal
Regular

Return to Suggestion Box and Opinions