Busking advice

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Re: Busking advice

Postby stewie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:07 am

We just played our first farmer's market - first time I've ever been busking! It was myself on guitar and vocals and the guy I jam with a lot on harmonica. Unfortunately the weather was crap - wet and windy - so it was a poor turnout at the market but we had a lot of fun anyways. We actually went down there in the morning to tell them that we wouldn't be able to play because of the weather but it turned out that they had set up an awning for us with mesh sides to block the wind - it was brilliant! Good thing we brought our gear just in case there was some way we could play. We followed the advice of people on the board here and played without any amplification and it worked great. We played for about three hours and did 30-something songs. The organizers were really happy with us and said to come back any time. We're planning on going again next Sunday with the other singer/guitarist we play with sometimes and I'm really looking forward to playing again. Hopefully the weather will be better and they'll have a better turnout, but just playing is what really matters. Thanks everyone for the advice!
stewie
Regular

Re: Busking advice

Postby allanlummox » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:42 am

That's great! Hope you play many more!
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to About Gigs