Klira Basses

A forum devoted to the discussion of playing bass with the blues.

Klira Basses

Postby Mr.Carp » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:54 pm

I aquired one of these short scale basses years ago and have just started to use it again, avery delicate machine; something like a "Beatle bass", but only going to high "D". Anyone no anything about the company. It simulates a stand up quite well.
Mr.Carp
Regular

Re: Klira Basses

Postby MakaInOz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:57 am

There's some good Klira pics here:

http://www.fuenfhunderteins.de/brandpages/klira.htm
MakaInOz
Regular

Postby Mr.Carp » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 am

Thanks for the reply; these are the first really good pics I have seen.I appear to have a "TwenStar 162-1. I got it in 1970 used and used it for 10 years or so and put it away took it out again fairly recently and love the sound, very acoustic sounding, especially with flat wounds. I had it modified in about 74, adding a phase switch. It's very noisy now and will go to the doctor soon as money is available. It has a very interesting setup for the pickups; they connect with miniture phone plugs, that went with the mod. thanks for finding those-Carp
Mr.Carp
Regular

Postby MakaInOz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:33 am

They're sure pretty - glad you liked the pics. I like the look of the old semi-hollow basses, but can't get any interest from either of my two bass players - one prefers the upright, the other is into p-bass to accompany her vocals. At least that's different to the usual 'girl and an acoustic guitar' setup.
MakaInOz
Regular

Postby Blind Doc Jones » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:49 am

Did you see the Klira Twen Star 162 pics on TalkBass? Beautiful! Someone was trying to sell it. I would link it but it is sometimes bad manners to link to another forum. Just use google.
Blind Doc Jones
Regular

Postby Mr.Carp » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:52 am

Thanks for the response, the talk bass pictures are very good. Again thanks and to Maka as well---Carp
Mr.Carp
Regular

Return to Bass - Meet Me At The Bottom