Greetings from deepest Devon

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Greetings from deepest Devon

Postby jackaranda » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi! Just a few lines to introduce myself, albeit belatedly. As you can see, I'm from the home of Coldplay, Muse and Joss Stone.......h'mmmm. However country Blues is alive and kicking in this household along with a great appreciation for anything Tom Waits. I've only been playing bottleneck since May 1st 2008, (the day I got my fisrt Resonator! ) but I've been playing acoustic Guitar a good deal longer. As soon I got sliding, there was only one way forward.Call it a mission!
jackaranda
Regular

Re: Greetings from deepest Devon

Postby ricochet » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:38 pm

'Ow do! Where are you down there? I might let her decide we're going on holiday down that way next year, if you fancy a jam.

New boys get the drinks in, by the way, so that's a pint of scrumpy for me, but only a half for the Americans until they're used to it.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jane fromLondonUK » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Hiya, and welcome to the gang. :)
Jane fromLondonUK
Regular

Postby jackaranda » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:27 am

maxx england wrote:'Ow do! Where are you down there? I might let her decide we're going on holiday down that way next year, if you fancy a jam.

New boys get the drinks in, by the way, so that's a pint of scrumpy for me, but only a half for the Americans until they're used to it.

I'm just outside "Gods waiting room" errr sorry that's Sidmouth to most people. Srumy eh, that's some good stuff, well, for cleaning yer strings, Haha!!!
jackaranda
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:29 pm

You're not far along from Swanage, you coming along for the Blues Festival at the start of October? Jakey's coming down from The Land Of Blue Paint, maliciously clutching a banjo.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jackaranda » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:59 am

I'll try to make it down on the saturday, Steve Darrington e-mails me with updates so I should have a gig guide somewhere
jackaranda
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:02 pm

:mrgreen: Look out for the short bloke in the red leather jacket at the White Horse jam (there's a recipe for you), with a lefty yellow Strat, probably in the company of the only bloke I know with a red flashing light on his head to keep the aeroplanes off. Jakey is tall, so you should see him if you don't notice me.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

swine flu for swanage

Postby jackaranda » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Well just as everything seemed to be full steam ahead for Swanage, I go down with bloody Swine Flu! So it looks like roll on March 5th, 6th & 7th 2010. Still, cudda been worse as I'm off to Australia for my daughter's wedding in a couple of weeks. That would have been disastrous!!!
jackaranda
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Did you recover enough for the Beer bash?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jackaranda » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:57 am

No chance, unfortunately beds aren't allowed in the bar, otherwise I was considering having a drip attached!
jackaranda
Regular

Return to A Bit About You