country scale

A place to post harmonica tabs separately from harmonica discussion so it doesn’t get lost in the messages. To make it easy to search we suggest starting a new thread for each song posted and include the song name in your title. We’ll be able to make a nice archive if we keep tab here and discussion on the other forums.

country scale

Postby bigcat72 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:35 am

anybody know the country scale tab thanks TC 8)
bigcat72
Regular

Re: country scale

Postby jeffl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:32 pm

I wish I could help ya' bigcat. I bought a "country tuned" SP20 a coupla years ago and fiddled around with it for a while, and now it's a paperweight on my piano at home. It seems to me that at the time I bought it I googled around for the scales of the different tunings and discovered a list of 'em on some Australian or Brazilian harper's website who plays with Symphonic orchestras all over the world. This guy tunes his own harps to the scales he wants. That's the only clue I got, as obscure as it is. Maybe Hohner lists the tunings on their site.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kudzurunner » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:00 am

I've got a tab for the country scale at Modern Blues Harmonica:

"Country Scale": The Grand Ol' Opry counterpart to the blues scale. This should be part of every blues harmonica player's armory, since you never know when the band will throw you a curveball. Charlie McCoy, Jimmy Fadden, and Mickey Raphael know all about this country scale.

Harp: C
Video: http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/1816680
Tab: http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/1816392
Kudzurunner
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Just take the major pentatonic and add the minor third to it.
ricochet
Regular

Postby bigcat72 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:14 pm

yes kudz and i paid the two dollars so out of respect to you i wont reveal it here i love and the blues scale up or down and any where in between i ask a freind if he new it and he said he did not use scales o but we know he dose he just dose not know it yet thats what i learnd what do u think kudz or any body else. tc 8)
bigcat72
Regular

Return to Harmonica Tabs