7 string parlour guitar?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

7 string parlour guitar?

Postby Bournio » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Ok found this on ebay item no. 380147337461

I spotted it, i'm not sure what the hell is going on with it... that extra string seems a bit funny? I assume it's a drone thing...

I'm not in the market for it... Just curious about anyone who knows anymore?
Bournio
Regular

Re: 7 string parlour guitar?

Postby spoonfull94 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 pm

:idea: Tunings :idea:
Standart: AEADgbe
Open A (Spanish) : AEAEAc#e
Open A (Vestapol): ADADf#ad
spoonfull94
Regular

Postby mike932 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:52 pm

I have a 7 string electric , a hold over from the 80's. Seven strings are a blast to fool around with. I tune the first four standard DGBE and tune the bass strings to what ever key I want to play ie if I play in B the bass strings are BEF# so that I can can thumb the bass notes and play the first four like a Tenor guitar. I have come up different open tunings and also play it standard. There are a gazillion different ways to tune a 7 string and most of all it is fun.
My 7 string is a Squier , I play it through a Fender Bassman via a Warmenfat pre amp. I have to wait until all occupants of my house are away and the Neighbors are gone. I sound like Tommy Chong's playing in the movie "Cheech and Chong's second movie. In other words "Real Loud and Real Bad. I like being me.
mike932
Regular

Postby Rhambama » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:50 am

mike932 wrote:I have a 7 string electric , a hold over from the 80's. Seven strings are a blast to fool around with. I tune the first four standard DGBE and tune the bass strings to what ever key I want to play ie if I play in B the bass strings are BEF# so that I can can thumb the bass notes and play the first four like a Tenor guitar. I have come up different open tunings and also play it standard. There are a gazillion different ways to tune a 7 string and most of all it is fun.
My 7 string is a Squier , I play it through a Fender Bassman via a Warmenfat pre amp. I have to wait until all occupants of my house are away and the Neighbors are gone. I sound like Tommy Chong's playing in the movie "Cheech and Chong's second movie. In other words "Real Loud and Real Bad. I like being me.

Man! That would be really slick for the alternating baselines used in Hill Country Blues! Neat!
Rhambama
Regular

Postby Bournio » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Yeah... I know that kind... and I can imagine the bonus's of getting that very deep bass...

But this one just has a random low string, with no frets, that's seperate to the rest of the neck, I guess it's getting towards summat like a harp guitar....
Bournio
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 pm

That is a funky, funky looking guitar. :blink:
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby mike932 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:40 pm

I apologize for not looking before posting. Looks like a bass string for open tuning.

http://www.earlyromanticguitar.com/erg/multibass.htm
mike932
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues