Sept. 18 & 19, Lansing Old Town Bluesfest - Free !

What about the blues club(s) in your area? Any worth visiting? Blues festivals or events?

Sept. 18 & 19, Lansing Old Town Bluesfest - Free !

Postby birddog » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Looking for something to do this weekend, weather looks great & its Free.

Link to the line up, mutiple stages, walking distance from Elderly.

http://www.oldtownbluesfest.com/performers.htm
birddog
Regular

Re: Sept. 18 & 19, Lansing Old Town Bluesfest - Free !

Postby birddog » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:34 pm

There was some good stuff down there.
I only made it down for a while on saturday nite. Took my wife, step daughter and 3 1/2 year old grand daughter. We had to park a few blocks away, about a block past Elderly.
Didn't really realize but this was the 15 annual, been to a couple a few years back but they just keep getting bigger/better.
There were 3 stages set up, one was by the vendor tent area and didn't really watch anything there. Lots of booths & FOOD :D
Across the street from the street that was closed, o that street there were 2 stages, one at each end. In the center was the beer tent and VIP area, all fenced off in white picket fence, on both sides of the street all the shops and resturants were open till midnite and some other vendors set up on some areas of the side walk. Lots of people, even with kids and it was great to see this part of the city so vibrant.
One stage would play, while the other set up and there was always music going on.
Got to see a little of Biscut Miller & the mix, they were pretty good, Kenny Neal was excellent as usual, loud full & spot on.
Another band, the last one I never heard of but I was really impressed, "Bad Gravy" they had it all, right down to horns, harp as well as strings and keyboards & drums of course. Not all songs had everything. so many people on & off that stage kept it really interesting and it all sounded great.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Return to HomeTown Blues