What do you use for reverb on a non-reverb amp ?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: What do you use for reverb on a non-reverb amp ?

Postby sweetness » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:18 am

I have the Dano Corned Beef, which I'm told is more of a delay pedal, and the DanEcho, which has some reverby sounds though it's a delay pedal. I paid $45 total for both of them. Since I don't use much reverb, they work well for me.
sweetness
Regular

Postby mike932 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:58 pm

I really like my "Corned Beef". I use it with my Baritone Ukulele through a Fender Bassman practice amp I upgraded with a 10" speaker. The rig sounds like Don Ho covering Steppenwolf.
mike932
Regular

Postby Troubleman » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:57 am

Malekko Spring Chicken
I put it in the loop of my Budda Super Drive 45
It really does sound and feel great...

jb
Troubleman
Regular

Postby profgalen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:24 pm

If you ever find one, the Wavebox Triton is the best reverb/delay I've ever used. These are made in Brazil and are hard to find in the states. Its a dual effect pedal.
profgalen
Regular

Postby strathound » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:02 pm

I am looking for one of those external Fender reverb units. To my ear, that tone just can't be touched by any pedal, bar none. Listen to some Kid Ramos or Junior Watson and you'll hear what I'm talking about.
strathound
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:06 pm

ricochet wrote:An empty stairwell works.

I jammed with Percy The Wonder Ant from the Michael Messer forum a little while back in a 6th form girls changing room. Due to a gross administrative error, the 16 year olds weren't in evidence, but it was marginally made up for by the echo. But only marginally. :(
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bottleneck » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:49 pm

i think you are better off getting used to using no reverb.reverb is an effect,whoo needs them?i don't have anything against guys who use effects,as long as they're not after me :) i never use reverb,except for the natural reverb of the room.

www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular

Postby birddog » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:52 am

strathound wrote:I am looking for one of those external Fender reverb units. To my ear, that tone just can't be touched by any pedal, bar none. Listen to some Kid Ramos or Junior Watson and you'll hear what I'm talking about.

Ah yeah but I can think of some other needs for $700+ beans.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby birddog » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:59 am

bottleneck wrote:i think you are better off getting used to using no reverb.reverb is an effect,whoo needs them?i don't have anything against guys who use effects,as long as they're not after me :) i never use reverb,except for the natural reverb of the room.

http://www.myspace.com/shakeylyman

I understand but there are some situations that require some forms of it. Thats why I posed the question in the first place to see what others were happy with.
Some amps reverb units suck. Since I'm in the process of finishing up a bassman, hence no reverb. When i get it done suppose I'll make a decision.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 am

whereas i do not use reverb,i was just trying to be funny.i think the best reverb units are premier,then fender.danelectro amps from the 60's have great reverb,i collect them.however i don't think they made a seperate reverb unit.if you have the skills to make a bassman,perhaps you could make a reverb unit.

good luck!!!

bottleneck
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:45 am

allanlummox wrote:In my sound booth, I've been using coffee cans and springs to create a subtle resonance during my online broadcasts.

are you collecting vintage slinkies?

bottleneck
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:39 pm

No - extension springs from the local Hardware store.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:16 pm

bottleneck wrote:whereas i do not use reverb,i was just trying to be funny.i think the best reverb units are premier,then fender.danelectro amps from the 60's have great reverb,i collect them.however i don't think they made a seperate reverb unit.if you have the skills to make a bassman,perhaps you could make a reverb unit.

good luck!!!

If you're referring to whether or not Fender made a freestanding reverb tank, the answer is "yes". I have a harper acquaintance who uses one that he got from his dad. I haven't seen very many of them, but I've seen that one.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby birddog » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:41 pm

jeffl wrote:
bottleneck wrote:whereas i do not use reverb,i was just trying to be funny.i think the best reverb units are premier,then fender.danelectro amps from the 60's have great reverb,i collect them.however i don't think they made a seperate reverb unit.if you have the skills to make a bassman,perhaps you could make a reverb unit.

good luck!!!

If you're referring to whether or not Fender made a freestanding reverb tank, the answer is "yes". I have a harper acquaintance who uses one that he got from his dad. I haven't seen very many of them, but I've seen that one.

Jeff
Like anything else they make reissue's today, like I said $750.00 though.
http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/p ... 265182.jpg

A similar poll on the vintage amp/plexi board about 65% of the guys prefered them.
But these are the same guys that spend big bucks on 61-62 blonde bassmans.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:54 pm

jeffl wrote:

good luck!!!

yes i realise that fender makes a stand alone reverb unit,i was sugesting it as the second best after premier.

i was reffering to vintage dano.they have great reverb,but i don't know if vintage dano made stand alone reverb.

again,i think one who could make their own bassman could make their own reverb unit.

bottleneck
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment Blues