Roots N' Blue sN' BBQ - Columbia Mo sep 25&26

What about the blues club(s) in your area? Any worth visiting? Blues festivals or events?

Roots N' Blue sN' BBQ - Columbia Mo sep 25&26

Postby bluescentric » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:23 am

I've been looking forward to it all year after the last two years. Columbia, Missouri is holding the 3rd annual Roots N Blues festival. Last year they had a barrage of incredible musicians, including Tab Benoit and Buddy Guy. This year they've got Pinetop Perkins as well as the Music Maker Relief Foundation's people! It has been a huge hit the past two years, so we'll see.

I wanted to invite everyone to come along! I'm pretty excited, though their lineup is slightly less than it was last year, but should still be a good time. If you're coming and need some advice on lodgings, eatin's etc, just poke me. I can help.

They do also have a VIP pass (it's $195 this year) and last year it included private meet n' greets with all the artists except Buddy Guy as well as unlimited alcohol, food, drink, and a private "bar" they set up that showed video feeds of every show going on. There are also private bathrooms, which are important when faced with those outhouses! And valet parking, etc... I got a pass last year (actually met my current girlfriend there) and just got mine for this year. Last year it was extremely exciting.

http://rootsnbluesnbbq.com/
bluescentric
Regular

Return to HomeTown Blues