Please to make your acquaintances

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Please to make your acquaintances

Postby bluescentric » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi, everyone!! I've had a long time love affair with the Blues (Nearly all types and musicians; prewar, post, soul, chicago, delta, bla bla... ) and it's always fun to find new like-minded people.

I operate the Blues-centered website http://www.bluescentric.com in all of my spare time (We're still uploading the last of the content. We've been at it for months but only relatively recently launched). It's filled with Blues information, a timeline, history, labels, artists, merchandise etc. And we've got a lot of plans for it. It keeps me busy when I'm not working. :)

I'm a friendly as hell, good time Missouri Man. I Play Blues guitar (and only Blues guitar), almost always electric. And I just got back from a two week Blues pilgrimage through the Mississippi Delta a couple of weeks ago!! I can't think of anything else about me for now except that I can't wait for the official Football season to start :P
bluescentric
Regular

Re: Please to make your acquaintances

Postby ricochet » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:22 am

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Come on in--BTW-nice website you've got
goldbrick
Regular

Postby WayneS » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:16 pm

I envy you that trip through the Delta. Any especially interesting parts or discoveries?
WayneS
Regular

Postby bluescentric » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:18 am

Goldbrick, thanks a lot! I've worked awfully hard on it (and it's far from done!) It's nice to know it's appreciated. Tell your friends! Lord knows i could use the traffic just starting out. :)

WayneS, there were incredibly interesting discoveries at every single turn. No joke. We stayed above Ground Zero Blues Club and met a whole mess of great people, including the guy that owns the club with Morgan Freeman as well as extremely talented musicians Bill Abel and B.B. King's former drummer of 30 years, Caleb Emphry, who was probably the best drummer I'd seen in a long long time. We got to hang out and eat real, amazing southern bar-b-q at a little gathering at the Do Drop Inn with Po' Monkey himself, (owner of Po' Monkey's, "the last juke joint in the world"). Then he and a friend took us back to hang out at his place, which was an absolutely unique blast. When we got to Indianola I had a very long chat with the former longtime owner of Club Ebony, (b.b. king recently bought it,) who was friends with B.B. and organized the whole King "homecoming to Indianola" thing. She was incredibly interesting.

My persona favorite, though was meeting Guitar Slim, jr. in New Orleans. (Yup, he's bluesman Guitar Slim's son). He was an amazingly talented (grammy nominated) musician and showman and would play his heart out if it was just us in the small place we originally caught him or if he was at the packed Bourbon Street Blues Club. In addition to that, he quickly became an incredibly endearing and amazing friend with one of the biggest, nicest, best personalities I've had the pleasure of encountering. I plan on visiting twice in the next couple of months.

I was so taken by the whole ordeal, the people, the hospitality, the music and the scenery that I've decided to move down sometime late next year.
bluescentric
Regular

Postby 1armbandit » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 am

Welcome. We get down to Clarksdale for a couple of days each year. Would really like to knock around for a couple of weeks sometime.

Jack
1armbandit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluescentric » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:30 pm

We're heading back for a few days in November on the way to do some rebuilding from Katrina (yes, still, Unfortunately) in Ocean Springs, MS. Those delta towns hold such a unique character, it's very hard to leave them. But then again, I've always loved the South. Clarksdale embodies all of it. What a great town...
bluescentric
Regular

Postby 1armbandit » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:43 pm

I almost bought a shiny silver suit at the Super Soul Shop while we were there. Walter must be rubbing off on me. Didn't have my size in what I wanted though.

Jack
1armbandit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:37 pm

I love Walter's suits!
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You