One of those "special" nights

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

One of those "special" nights

Postby jeffl » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Our jam group played a college bar last night; the owner figured he'd have a big crowd 'cuz the college students are back in town. It's too bad he was wrong about the crowd...prob'ly only about 20 people in there most of the time... 'cuz it turned out to be one of those nights where the mix and setup were perfect and we hit our stride early. The few people who were there got treated to a freakin' raucous stompin' runaway train all night, and they made noise like there were 100 of 'em. We played 4 hours without takin' our break; nobody wanted to stop playin', and the owner was bringin' us pitchers of beer. I've rarely been involved in a gig where the sound was so perfect. We had guitars mic'ed, except for one acoustic/electric and the P-bass, and the instruments and vocals were spot on. It's amazing how those nights come out of nowhere.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: One of those "special" nights

Postby ricochet » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Wow!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Callum94 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Sounds like a great night!! :D
Callum94
Regular

Postby maxx england » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:19 pm

If I ever have a night like that, I'll be waiting to fall out of bed and wake up :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:16 pm

maxx england wrote:If I ever have a night like that, I'll be waiting to fall out of bed and wake up :mrgreen:
Some nights are better than others...jus' like work, athletics,etc. BTW, I got a phone call yesterday morning from an acquaintance who was at the bar that night; he just wanted to tell me how much fun it was. Frankly, he caught me off guard, since he plays with a group that I played in for about 12 years and there's a little competition there. I guess it was just a night where smiles were in the air.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs