Do we really want these people running our health care?

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby songdog » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:36 pm

Cash for Clunkers Program Runs Out of Money
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8218841&page=1

Doctor: I'm sorry Songdog but we'll have to post pone your lobotomy surgery. It seems the goverment run health care plan you chose is already out of money.

Songdog: But doc, I just signed up for it yesterday!

Doctor: Yes, I know. Unexpectedly everyone else in the country signed up for it too. So now the plan does not have enough money to reimburse your medical coverage.

Songdog: And I thought I was crazy! What will I do now?

Doctor: Congress is on vacation but will return in 6 weeks. Maybe then they will raise taxes to collect a few trillion more dollars to cover everyone and you can get your lobotomy done. Don't worry, once you have the lobotomy surgery performed this will all make more sense.
songdog
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Do we really want these people running our health care?

Postby grady » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:24 pm

LOL !!! I hear ya !!
Our new Government seems to come up with good ideas then, it blows up in their face.
They haven't succeeded at anything yet.
All this "change" does make for great entertainment. :D

Maybe that's what they meant by "change". They're still going to fuck everything up but, it's going to be extremely funny.....LOL !!
It just occurred to me, that's why he picked Joe Biden for his VP !!!
Joe brings the comedy relief !!
grady
Regular

Postby Jane fromLondonUK » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:57 pm

You want comedy? You want to be on our side of the pond! Our lot have been spending our taxes on moats and duck islands and ... oh I don't know what else, I couldn't bear to watch the story unfolding.

And don't get me started on the royal family. :roll:
Jane fromLondonUK
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:15 pm

The only reason I don't want the Royal family to lose their position is we'd have a president. That means we'd have to vote for a politician. No, let's leave it the way it is, the system headed by somebody whose ancestors were bigger and better murderers and land grabbers than ours. At least we can point to them and know we had nothing to do with this week's headlines.

Rumours still rumble about "gender divergence"; one prince announced his wife was pregnant; somebody not a million miles away expressed the view "I didn't know you could get pregnant that way".
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby grady » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:40 am

The whole darn world is a mess.
One can't help but wonder how much longer before some country does something really stupid and starts a shit-storm that can't be stopped.

Heck, it might've happened already.
grady
Regular

Postby dcblues » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:13 pm

I would love to see our congress men and women use the same health care program they're proposing for the American people. You think that plan would cover Ted Kennedy's cancer treatments? Somehow I doubt it.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 1dustyeod » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Lets all Not ever forget that the Prince of Kuwait, (the Minister of Defense) get a fresh virgin (wait for it.....) EVERY Thursday and has over 180 documented children.... and they have State run free health care.

Trust me though..... you wouldn't want to live there.

8) :lol: 8)
1dustyeod
Regular

Postby beard-of-grey » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:42 pm

So, the first Gulf War was as misguided as the second :!:
beard-of-grey
Regular

Postby grady » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Can't help but wonder what our Government gave to North Korea for the pardon on the 2 girls today ??
Is Iran next on the Government "give" list ??
grady
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:45 pm

grady wrote:Can't help but wonder what our Government gave to North Korea for the pardon on the 2 girls today ??
Is Iran next on the Government "give" list ??

What does it matter? Don't you think we should be diplomatic with a country that has threatened us with nuclear war? Ignoring a threat like that, especially when it's coming from a country with an erratic leader like Kim Jong-Il, is just stupid. I think we should be diplomatic with everybody. Being nice and trying to compromise with others will get us a lot farther than having this "HEY FUCK YOU ASSHOLE" mentality. My two cents.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby grady » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Nevermind that the two girls were told not to go into North Korea.
No, we can't have that. No one is suppose to pay any attention to any laws or rules.
Just do whatever the hell you want with no respect or regard for any laws and we'll bail you out.
grady
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:05 pm

In the past, there have been times I have disagreed with Grady (quite strongly :shock: ), but I'm with him 100% here. It's a country with it's head up it's backside and nobody with any sense goes anywhere near it without a, a damn good reason, b, a damn good back up plan.

And I feel I can say this here without the sound of female voices squawking at me that I'm a repressive dinosaur, not all the world goes around making Western excuses for deliberately dumb female behaviour.

Excuse me now while I crack off a really long fart and open a bottle on the edge of the wall. Now you just put that oily cylinder head over there, in the middle of the living room.....
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:27 pm

I don't know what the rationale was that these girls used - or their ages - but I know younger people often lack the experience or wisdom to make good decisions in those situations. My college aged son's girlfriend likes to do internships all over the globe, and this past summer her list of desired destinations included Cambodia, Kenya, and Myanmar.... all of which are run by administrations that don't play by "the rules", and these countries all have actiave rebel organizations operating within their boundaries. I told my son to let her go to those types of places alone.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Grady, I don't disagree with you at all about that. Maxx and yourself are right; they shouldn't have gone there. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be diplomatic with other nations, regardless of their type of government.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby songdog » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Well the problem with N. Korea is that no matter how nice (diplomatic) we are to them, they will continue to stab us in the back because they don't care about anyone but themselves. And their government run media will spin the photo-op with Clinton as an ex-president of the U.S. begging on his knees for the girl's return. So the ONLY thing we get out of this diplomacy is the release of the idiot females and egg on our face in the eyes of the N. Koreans.
songdog
Contributor
Contributor

Next

Return to Way off Topic