I introduce to you... The Luvpump

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

I introduce to you... The Luvpump

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:34 pm

I swung into my cousin's guitar store up here in Washington to say hello yesterday and walked out with the Luvpump, an analog compression pedal he builds. Sorry for the bad picture. I didn't bring my camera with me so I had to use the camera on my phone. I'll take better pictures when I return to Hell... I mean Phoenix. Easy to confuse the two... they're the same temperature.

img340.jpg

It's got a volume and sustain knob, and a little three way switch. The switch pretty much has three different compression releases. I've got the Les Paul running into the Luvpump, into the Tube Screamer, into my buddy's Fender Blues Deluxe. I was getting some godly tones out of it a little bit ago. Got my dad's house to myself, so my buddy is driving up from Seattle and we're gonna record some tunes. IF I am satisfied with the recordings I'll put some up.

My cousin builds these pedals, only a couple at a time, and he paints em himself too. The paintjob is the coolest part.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Re: I introduce to you... The Luvpump

Postby texas blues » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Nice Lefty. What's the name of your cousin's joint? I'm not much for pedals these days but yessir, the paint looks groovy on that one. Been over 110 all this week, 112 today...wish I was in Seattle right now!

Salute', TB.
texas blues
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Bigfoot Music in Smokey Point.

So far in my time of playing guitar, I've not really used pedals. So instead of buying more guitars, I'm gonna start buying some pedals and see if I can get a good, constant sound. We'll see how it goes. I can tell it's gonna be expensive.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby texas blues » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:57 pm

Buying more pedals? HAH! Apparently you are now in the Matrix..."we need pedals...lots of pedals..."

Salute', TB.
texas blues
Regular

Postby Bournio » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:44 am

Compression's a dead handy effect... just don't use it when there's noise in the line before the pedal...
Bournio
Regular

Postby bignick » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Have him build you a good boost pedal Lefty...or build one yourself. SUPER addicting. I love mine.
bignick
Regular

Postby grady » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:20 am

leftyguitarman wrote:My cousin builds these pedals, only a couple at a time, and he paints em himself too. The paintjob is the coolest part.

The paint-job looks exactly like the swirl theme that was made famous by Ibanez on Steve Vai's guitars.
grady
Regular

Postby savage » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:16 am

if pheonix is hell, then florida is the damn waiting room. The a.c. in my car was broken for the last year. I was just waitin for the blue field of vision and white lights. My work was startin to feel cooler than the rest of my day for once. Was 110 a few weeks ago and the kitchen manager was pukin out back (right after he told everyone we shouldnt be bitchin bout the ac in the kitchen bein broken).

As far as pedals go... I never was a big fan.... but on the other hand I do now have 3! Picked up a cheap vibro pedal for 10 bucks a week ago. Is has a phaser built in but I just turn that down cause it sounds shitty. I found a settin that gives me that old surf vibrato. Used it on an intro for a song I'm workin on.
savage
Regular

Postby dcblues » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Didn't Nigel Tufnel write a song about a luvpump?
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rustyslide » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Here's the scene. In Lego:
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:14 am

dcblues wrote:Didn't Nigel Tufnel write a song about a luvpump?

Yeah. My cousin named it after that movie I believe. He also built this really nice amp that goes to 11... on every knob.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby dcblues » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:28 am

My Bassman goes to 12.

Is there a Lego version of the entire movie? That clip is hilarious.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:50 am

dcblues wrote:My Bassman goes to 12.

So does my Classic 50. I had a jam session where I had the master volume on 12 and the channel volume on 10. It was so loud I thought I was gonna die. It was great.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues