Santa Fe Bandstand - Summer Festival

What about the blues club(s) in your area? Any worth visiting? Blues festivals or events?

Santa Fe Bandstand - Summer Festival

Postby michaelm » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:09 am

Every summer, the city of Santa Fe puts on free music in the plaza. All types of music are featured. They advertise "Blues, Latin, Country, Rock, Reggae, R&B, Jazz, Bluegrass, Folk, Americana, Alternative, Native and World Beat Music".

Afternoons: Monday and Wednesday @ Noon - 1:30 PM
Evenings: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday @ 6 - 8:30 PM

The shows are put together by Outside In Productions and they have done a great job in past years. If you're going to be in the area any time this summer, you might want to check it out.

Details at http://www.outsideinproductions.org/san ... d2009.html

I live about an hour and a half drive north of SF and I try to get into town a couple of times each summer to catch a show. Maybe I'll see you there. Look for the tall guy with long hair. Enjoy!
michaelm
Regular

Re: Santa Fe Bandstand - Summer Festival

Postby michaelm » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:39 pm

I went into town a couple of weeks ago to see the Mike Montiel Trio at a lunch time show. Mike puts on a good show and it's mostly blues. I'm planning to go in for the next Monday evening (10 August) show to catch the Pleasure Pilots - old school R&B with a little early Chicago blues tossed in for good measure. Check it out if you're in the area.
michaelm
Regular

Return to HomeTown Blues